Answered

Connecting to Roam via bluetooth from other phone

• 4 December 2022
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hello, I got my Roam speakers set up through Sonos app and can connect through bluetooth. Now, my husband would like to connect via bluetooth from his phone. He is logged in through my Sonos account. Unfortunately, he can connect via bluetooth with his phone ONLY when I am connected first! The moment I upair my device, his phone doesn't see Roam over bluetooth.

Is this normal? My husband would like to use it as a regular Bluetooth speaker...

Can Roam be connected through bluetooth with another device??? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 December 2022, 11:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Moni 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

To add another Bluetooth connection to your Roam, you’ll first need to put the Roam into pairing mode. Steps are provided on our Pair Sonos Roam with Bluetooth help page, but are also here:

1. After you’ve paired Roam with one device, you can follow the steps below to pair it to a different device.

2. Press and hold the power button on the back of Roam for two seconds, then release. You will hear the pairing tone and the status LED on the front will start flashing blue.

• If the status LED turns solid blue instead, Roam has paired with the previous device. Repeat this step to place Roam into pairing mode.
  3. Go to your device’s Bluetooth settings and select Roam from the device list.
  4. When successfully paired, you’ll hear another tone and the status LED will change to solid blue.

Note that the Roam will remember multiple Bluetooth devices so you only need to perform these steps once for each device. Once your husband’s phone has been paired, all either of you need to do to connect a phone to the Roam is open the Bluetooth settings of your phone and select the Roam - no button presses on the Roam are needed.

I hope this helps.