Answered

Connecting new Sonos move to S2 app

• 22 April 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a Play3 and I play Spotify through it. I just bought a Sonos Move. I can play Spotify through the Move but I cannot add the device to my App?

Additionally I want to group the speakers together but the Group tab is greyed out and says ‘This feature is available on systems with three or more rooms’?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 27 April 2023, 11:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Both the speakers seem to have the same name so the system isn’t differentiating between them

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Not sure why you can’t ad the Move to your app. It should be possible to ad a new speaker. https://support.sonos.com/en/article/add-a-new-product-to-an-existing-sonos-system Do you use the white or the brown app?

You’re looking at the wrong grouping feature. The feature you’re looking at is for named groups. You do not need this as you can only have one group. Take a look here: https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/group-and-ungroup-rooms

thanks 106rallye. I have now added my Sonos Move but its removed my Play:3?

In the Product area of the app I only have one product (now the Move) and when I try to add a product the Play:3 is not found

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MattNash23 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Your two speakers are configured as separate systems, meaning you must have chosen to set up a new system with the Move while disconnected from the Play:3’s system.

I recommend you factory reset the Move, open the app and ensure it is connected to your Play:3, then allow the app to add the Move to your existing system (it should offer to do so automatically). Do not opt to Set Up a New System at any point.

If, for any reason, you struggle with this process, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who will be happy to guide you through the process.

I hope this helps.