Skip to main content
Question

Bluetooth sound delay

• 23 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I have a Roam 2 and pair it with my Mac studio as a primary speaker. I connect using Bluetooth, when the Roam was new ( a month or so) it worked perfectly but now I get a delay. I have tried resetting the Roam by pressing the on/off button for 15 seconds until the lights come back on. After resetting it works perfectly for 1 or two youtube videos and then reverts back to the annoying delay. So the scenario is to click on a youtube video and I have counted as much as 5 seconds of watching lips move with no sound? I have then reset the roam, restarted the mac ect, ect, and yes it works fine for around 4 or five videos and then starts misbehaving again. I have also tried different browsers to no avail. I also have an amazon echo dot, it works perfectly every time with no delay?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Regards,

Simon

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Sonos haven’t updated this for a while:

Even on Bluetooth there will always be a minimum 75ms delay. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I would be more that happy to accept a 75ms delay but a full 5 seconds means there is a fault…….

Connecting through Bluetooth

Connecting to Moves, Roam or Eras through Bluetooth is relatively quick and easy. Take a look at the GIF below to see how it’s done in Windows 10. Note: not all desktop PCs have Bluetooth built in, so you may need to use an external adapter/dongle.

On Mac, the process is also fairly straightforward. You can use the same method for connecting to Sonos through Bluetooth, or you can establish an Airplay stream to any Airplay 2 capable speakers. Check out our FAQ on Streaming Airplay audio to Sonos.

And that’s it! Once you’re connected in either of these ways you’ll be able to enjoy your PC’s audio on your Sonos player