Bluetooth on Roam

• 21 April 2021
  • 54 replies

Cant connect, only getting a white colour appearing, Roam not showing up as a device in Android when next to it

Oh and the App is useless BTW bit will keep product if can Bluetooth it !

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

54 replies

Bruce, 

Thank you for that.   To clarify, it's the Sonos app crashing.   I tried both your suggestions, but no luck.  Next I'll take your suggestion to call them.   

The behavior is:

Launch app

Add product, it finds Roam

It displays a window saying Setting up Roam, then crashes 

As far as I can tell, I can't use it as a Bluetooth speaker with other audio apps on my phone until I clear this step of adding it to a Sonos system.   

Agreed, it won’t function as a Bluetooth device until it’s been set up as a Sonos device. I’ll be interested to hear what CS has to say. 

As a guess, I’d be saying a VPN or other port blocking software, but it’s hard to tell remotely. 

Thank you again  Bruce.   I called customer support today (finally at a place with stable Wi-Fi and cell service)…   the wait was short,  the agent was knowledgeable and walked me through the setup steps successfully and I’m listening to music over Bluetooth as I write this.    Relieved I won’t be carrying a brick for 2 months,   and happy to have exactly what I intended to have when I chose the Roam for this trip and later home use.    Without your support I might have tossed it into a river in frustration - I appreciate you.   

Norton

Delighted the issue was able to be resolved!