Answered

Another "unable to connect to sonos" thread!

• 20 April 2021
  • 6 replies

I’m absolutely at the end of my teather with this now. Nothing has changed on my system, both Alexa and the spotify app have no issues connecting to my system, yet the sonos app keeps failing to connect.

My new roam arrived today, I opened the app and was met with “unable to connect to sonos - fix it”

So I followed the instructions, this included moving a load of furniture to get to the plugs to powercycle the speakers. And then powercycling the router.

It then connected, found the roam, and said it should be available in 5 minutes…..15 minutes passed, I opened the app and it guess what, “unable to connect to sonos - fix it”!

I almost at that point of just returning the roam and swapping everything else out so a different set-up. How come Alexa and Spotify have no issues connecting to my speakers, yet the sonos app keeps failing!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 April 2021, 15:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hi. What type of mobile phone do you have?

What is the make and model of your router? Do you have any access points or extenders?

Do you have a Sonos device wired to your network?

Hi

Samsung S21+

BT router, no APs or extenders

Nothing wired as I don’t have any devices close to the router

The thread should be relabeled to ‘Another BT Router Thread’

That’s it then….bye bye Sonos. I’ve got smart plugs operating on 2.4 that don’t have this issue and my hue lights are always OK, plus it doesn’t happen all the time, which surely it would under those conditions?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

That’s it then….bye bye Sonos. I’ve got smart plugs operating on 2.4 that don’t have this issue and my hue lights are always OK, plus it doesn’t happen all the time, which surely it would under those conditions?

There’s a big issue affecting all us BT router users.  I made a similar thread.turning off the 5Ghz band on the router page seems to have done the trick so far, touch wood.

Just hope BT are aware of this and are going to reverse whatever weird thing they did last week.

That’s so wierd, I still don’t get why my smart plugs work still? They are on 2.4 and the app I use is on my mobile on 5.

I can’t suffer the speed from 2.4 would give me, I’ve ended up moving a speaker into the cupboard so I can plug it into the router, which works but obviously  is a rather expensive “bridge” but I guess that’s how my hue set-up is working.

No sure if Sonos have something similar, it might be useful and woudl also get over the issues with swaping routers, which was so painful last time too.

Waiting for BT to fix something...maybe sometime...and they I’m sure they would break it again!