Question

AirPlay from iPhone8 to projector w/ Sonos Move audio..

• 20 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi. I am trying Apple iphone 8 to airplay 3 mirroring content to viewsonic projector(  fr iphone 8  ) with the  audio bluetoothing to sonos move   Can this be done?

Not sure if this is an airplay or sonos question or both

thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @hailhim88.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand you wanted to connect your Sonos Move via Bluetooth to a projector connected to an iPhone 8 via airplay 2.Let me help you out with that.

I would like to share with you a topic here in the community that discusses Bluetooth connectivity to the Sonos Move generating TV audio as it may have almost the same situation as yours, only that in your situation, you’re connecting a projector to the Sonos Move via Bluetooth. On the other hand, We can always reach out to other members of the community. Your preferred set up is not a recommended set up of Sonos since the Sonos Move is a Wifi Music capable speaker and not part of the Sonos Home theater family. Let us reach out to other members of the community and see what would be their feedback or recommendations on this type of set up.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

thanks for prompt reply.  How about Apple iphone 8 to airplay 3 pushing content to viewsonic projector(  fr iphone 8  via hdmi) with the  audio wifi-ing  to sonos move     basically I want to play video through the projector and audio through the move.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

HI @hailhim88

Thanks for the immediate and detailed response. 

based on the topic I shared with you, other members of the community mentioned that as long as the video device (TV or projector) is able to connect to the Sonos Move via Bluetooth, it is possible to get the Audio codec from the video device through Sonos Move. Airplay 2 based on Apple’s support website can carry both music and video codec. You may validate this through apple technical support.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,