Answered

14.18-Sonos Move sound really bad

• 1 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi all,

After some month of mixed usage of Sonos Move, I updated to 14.18 and noticed immediately that bass got boosted a lot and also I lost clarity on vocals. I can turn up high in eq but it takes high frequency too high to open up the vocals.i was really satisfied with it till now (used with 0/0 eq and loudness on). Now I can't listen to it, I feel tired ears after some minutes and sound quality got a lot worse. Anyone had the same issue? Any suggestion on how to troubleshoot/solve it?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by MikeS1989 3 November 2022, 13:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MikeS1989 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear your Move doesn’t sound as good to you as it did before.

Please ensure Auto TruePlay is still enabled:

1. In the Sonos app for iOS or Android, tap the Settings tab.
  2. Tap System, then tap the name of your portable Sonos product.
  3. Tap Trueplay to find the toggle for Auto Trueplay tuning.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

This sounds like a problem similar to one I had on my Play 5 and subs.  Try a full power down too.  Hold the power button for at least 10 seconds till you hear a step down tone.  Then see if it sounds better after powering up again.

Hi @MikeS1989 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear your Move doesn’t sound as good to you as it did before.

Please ensure Auto TruePlay is still enabled:

1. In the Sonos app for iOS or Android, tap the Settings tab.
  2. Tap System, then tap the name of your portable Sonos product.
  3. Tap Trueplay to find the toggle for Auto Trueplay tuning.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for the response, i already checked and without autotruplay it turns into a 30$ bluetooth speaker so it’s doing something.

This sounds like a problem similar to one I had on my Play 5 and subs.  Try a full power down too.  Hold the power button for at least 10 seconds till you hear a step down tone.  Then see if it sounds better after powering up again.

Than you for the suggestion. Yesterday i tried it but i didn’t hear any difference. Yesterday i was really angry because now my arc sounds good again but i have an unusable move and i dropped the troubleshooting (also because my ears were hurting from that low quality sound). I’ll try again when i get home and report back. From now on i will for sure wait to update the system and come there to read if everything is ok =)

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You may want to try a factory reset too.   Not normally recommended but you’ve nothing to lose.

Sonos Move

1. Take Move off the charging base.
  2. Press and hold the power button on the back of your Move for at least 5 seconds to power it off. You will hear a chime and the status LED on the top will turn off.
  3. While holding the  Join button, press and release the power button.
    • If your Move’s battery is not charged and won’t power on, you can place it on the charging base while holding the  Join button instead.
  4. Continue holding the  Join button until the light on top flashes orange and white.
  5. The light will flash green when the process is complete and your Sonos Move is ready to be set up.

You can add your Move back to your system by following the steps in our Set up your Sonos Move article

You may want to try a factory reset too.   Not normally recommended but you’ve nothing to lose.

Sonos Move

1. Take Move off the charging base.
  2. Press and hold the power button on the back of your Move for at least 5 seconds to power it off. You will hear a chime and the status LED on the top will turn off.
  3. While holding the  Join button, press and release the power button.
    • If your Move’s battery is not charged and won’t power on, you can place it on the charging base while holding the  Join button instead.
  4. Continue holding the  Join button until the light on top flashes orange and white.
  5. The light will flash green when the process is complete and your Sonos Move is ready to be set up.

You can add your Move back to your system by following the steps in our Set up your Sonos Move article

So after a reboot the situation didn’t changed. At the end the solution was in the name: MOVE! I took the move with me to my father house to let him hear the problem i had and boom: after few seconds the audio leveled itself. Now i can still hear that bass has been “boosted” a bit but i like it now better than before the update.

I tought the auto trueplay would continuously adjust the audio but probably an input from the accelerometer has triggered a “full retune”.

Thank you all for the suggestion, luckily that was an easy fix. Yesterday i was very mad!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MikeS1989 

Great news! Thanks for updating the thread!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

That’s good to know.  Also good that your Move is sounding good again.  To me they are the best sounding Sonos speakers in the range, especially as a Stereo pair.