Answered

Suspicious Email

• 7 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi, I received an email today inviting to take part in a user research study from research@reasearch.sonos.com saying if selected I’d get the choice of $250 towards Sonos products or a Sonos move 2. 

looks suspect to me (particularly as I’m in the UK) -  I don’t get many emails from Sonos so just wanted to check if rings any bells with anyone else?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 April 2024, 15:31

View original

7 replies

I ignore all such emails from all sources. Most of these types of emails contain links that indicate you’ve viewed the email. My email clients are set to ignore these links. As far as the sender is concerned the email simply fell through a hole in the net.

If you open the email or click on any links, you’ll probably be entered into a database indicating that you read such things and are a good candidate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Northernight76

Sonos afaik indeed invites users to these research studies or to some surveys. The email address (if shown that way in the header information) you mentioned seems to me like an official one. 
Just take care it’s not a hidden email header. 

I got the same thing and UK based. Seems legit because the reply to email is @sonos.com but odd it's in dollars. Would love a free era 300 but probably going to ignore it

Thanks all. There were just a few red flags for me, like the name of the person that it purports to come from is different to the one signing off the email and then it asks you to click a link to complete a survey to then see if you are selected to participate. 

Mentions Cambridge focus research which seems a legit company but I’m sure scammers would also know that! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You could reply to the e-mail as the address looks safe to contact and ask them to verify that the link is both theirs and safe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Northernight76 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

We did indeed send out invitations to participate in a paid use research study. As long as the typo in your original post was yours (I would assume it should read research@research.sonos.com rather than research@reasearch.sonos.com), it’s all good.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Corry, that’s helpful and I have now taken the plunge and found it is indeed legit. 

Just need to get selected now!