Sonos Company Ethicacy, Morality and Integrity Core Values?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Enthusiast I
  • 20 replies
In the aftermath of the CR100 debacle it may be helpful to discuss the direction and methods taken by Sonos management to achieve their end goal of retiring the CR100 by force and the impact on and perception of customers future buying decisions

They still have not made it clear in any believable way why they forced this issue which leaves many people puzzled and angry at the rendering useless of their legally owned equipment.

Personally , this is a first for me . I have never owned a product previously that I have bought that has been rendered useless by the creators period,. Far less easy to swallow is the subterfuge of the battery non issue to cover an ulterior motive. This makes the company Sonos look untrustworthy at best . If you have a reason for doing this , spit it out and let people know. I believe that I, as the purchaser gets to decide when it is time to retire my own possession. I have a belief that quality equipment that was sold as a quality product to prospective buyers should be subject to end of life decision only by the buyer and no one else.

I struggle with the management decisions taken that force me to re-evaluate my investment in their goods within my home.
Prior to the CR100 execution , I viewed my home audio system as an asset to my home , something that simply worked and worked well with minimal intervention required from me which is pretty much what I expect from audio equipment . Now I view the lifespan of this investment as something which looks like is beyond my control even if the equipment is still functioning regardless of my desire to maintain that .

The support aspect of this situation where Sonos staff went into hiding and avoided direct questions from concerned customers has to go down as a low point in any companies record in dealing with their best ambassadors.

These are just a few points that caused me to raise this topic for discussion regarding the ethicacy and morality and integrity of the current Sonos operation...any one of the the issues I have listed above would make Sonos or any other company ineligible for consideration for future investment either in business or in domestic life for this individual.

What do others think....? Please keep the thread social.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

136 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
On the save CR100 thread, someone reported that if you try to update above 8.4, a warning box appears warning you that the CR100's will no longer work if you carry on with the update, although no one from sonos has confirmed it.
Userlevel 1
On the save CR100 thread, someone reported that if you try to update above 8.4, a warning box appears warning you that the CR100's will no longer work if you carry on with the update, although no one from sonos has confirmed it.
That’s interesting, someone else reported updating as normal and then getting a message saying that the CR100 no longer worked... without any notification as to the impending impact...
Anyone interested in CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. The only reason CR100 was killed was monetary. What changed from prior release when CR100 worked to now when CR100 is a brick? Investing thousands of dollars in Sonos allowing the company to grow only to be screwed. My CR100's worked great no issues., The BOZO that made this decision should be fired! I asked to talk with someone at the company about the disregard of a loyal user. NO ONE AVALIABLE.
Anyone interested in CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. The only reason CR100 was killed was monetary. What changed from prior release when CR100 worked to now when CR100 is a brick? Investing thousands of dollars in Sonos allowing the company to grow only to be screwed. My CR100's worked great no issues., The BOZO that made this decision should be fired! I asked to talk with someone at the company about the disregard of a loyal user. NO ONE AVALIABLE.

Yeah, good luck find a lawyer to take on a class action for a couple hundred claimants, lol. Not gonna happen. Oh, BTW, this thread ISN'T about the CR100, lol.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
And yet again we have people commenting on a thread titled "...... Ethicacy, Morality and Integrity Core Values" and then calling people at Sonos BOZO.

Here's a bit of free advice - If you're going to try and lecture about Ethics, morals and core values don't go and behave exactly as if you don't have any of them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

First Post? Welcome to Sonos Forum, sorry about the harsh comments above but that is how things are here!

As others have said there is a "Save CR100" thread if that is what you wish to discuss and "treating others as you would like to be treated" is always a good starting point., much as I might agree that someone at Sonos should be held accountable for some of the questionable decisions Sonos have taken over the years, name calling (however mild) is not really all that helpful.

Welcome all the same 😃
Anyone interested in CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

Does anyone else find it a little ironic that people want to come to a Sonos funded and supported site to openly discuss legal action against Sonos? Maybe it's just me, but I would probably want to find a different way to organize my case.

The only reason CR100 was killed was monetary.

I think you're going to have a hard time proving that. Even then, like all companies, the only reason Sonos exists is to make money.

What changed from prior release when CR100 worked to now when CR100 is a brick? Investing thousands of dollars in Sonos allowing the company to grow only to be screwed. My CR100's worked great no issues., The BOZO that made this decision should be fired!

If it turns out to be as bad a decision as you believe it is, I imagine there will be a lot more happening then just one person getting fired.

I asked to talk with someone at the company about the disregard of a loyal user. NO ONE AVALIABLE.

To tell you what exactly? Sonos has already stated why they are doing this. Do you just want someone to vent to?