Sonos app not working with IOS17.4 beta

Userlevel 1
Badge

Update to Sonos app from Apple App Store then IOS17.4 dev beta now the app does not work? Is there a work around to allow Sonos app to work in new iOS beta? 

Airgetlam 9 months ago

Sonos, as with many other companies, don’t chase ‘beta’ versions of operating system software for compatibility issues, only final releases. 

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Yes, remove or revert to an earlier Beta version. The whole point of betas is to allow companies and individuals a chance to test before general release. Likely Sonos are testing the Beta version you are using. One of the conditions of that Beta program is the acceptance that some software may not yet be compatible.
17.0 public Beta works fine for me, although I’ve not tried Trueplay tuning yet. 

Badge

Same problem for me. iOS and iPadOS 17 Developer Beta 4 together with the Sonos App version 15.6 results in a black screen after starting the Sonos App. For now I use SonoPhone app and Home Assistant to control Sonos. 

Sonos, as with many other companies, don’t chase ‘beta’ versions of operating system software for compatibility issues, only final releases. 

Allow the app a minute or two to load; it is functioning for me. 

Userlevel 1

Start the app.

Turn of the iphone and turn it on. The app is on.

Userlevel 1

I mean by that...turn of the screen en turn on again.

With the power button.

Then the app works

I mean by that...turn of the screen en turn on again.

With the power button.

Then the app works

This worked for me. Nice one!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I found out it’s something to do with Location Services If you run the Sonos app then come out click into Apple settings Location services switch off Precise location in Sonos then check back to Sonos app it shows up 😊 leave the app open it with work fine or if you feel you do not want to run Sonos like this then return back to Sonos location services and click back on the precise location button

Thanks Norman71 that worked perfectly for me

Badge

Thanks Norman71, this one is a winner! Was super frustrated yesterday

Thks for your answer 

It help me a lot

In my experience all these fixes work because if yo background the app and bring it back it is there.  I suspect a screen refresh issue in the app

Badge

Start the app.

This worked for me. Thanks 

Had to uninstall and reinstall the sonos app to get it working again and it seems slower than ever. 

Hoping this will be resolved before public release in September :O

I found out it’s something to do with Location Services If you run the Sonos app then come out click into Apple settings Location services switch off Precise location in Sonos then check back to Sonos app it shows up 😊 leave the app open it with work fine or if you feel you do not want to run Sonos like this then return back to Sonos location services and click back on the precise location button

You are a genius!

Start the app.

This worked for me. Thanks 

For me also. Thanks Norman71! But I still think in my opinion that major companies should update their apps alongside Apple and Android betas. It gives a lot of early insights.

And would require a much larger staff of engineers to chase unannounced changes in each beta release…

Any luck getting TruePlay to work?

I never used true play with my Symfonisk speaker.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I never used true play with my Symfonisk speaker.

Care to elaborate as to why not?

😂😂 with 6 kids running around never could finish the setup sequence and let it go 😂😂

Badge

Great!

Any way to get True Play to work?

Update to Sonos app from Apple App Store then IOS17.4 dev beta now the app does not work? Is there a work around to allow Sonos app to work in new iOS beta? 

I have the same problem on public beta 3

I have the same problem on public beta 3

Sonos doesn’t support iOS betas.

What are they going to do when the new iOS is released in a few weeks? Isn't beneficial for them to get feedback?