My Dog looks at my Sonos Speaker every time I use it unlike any other audio device in the home

• 8 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

One of my two dogs seems to be alarmed by the Sonos Speaker when I play it. I have turned off Loudness reduced the volume limit to no avail. 

I assume the speaker emits in a range that triggers my dog unlike any other audio device Ive had before.  Not the tv not the bluetooth speakers ive had.

Have any of you encountered this ? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Does the source you are playing make any difference?

Yes, I have notice this.  Volume and source definitely make a difference, and it only happens rarely. Both dogs appear to notice, but only one ever complains about and he’s older.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Some HD sources may have “higher than you can hear” sound frequencies that aren’t being properly filtered out. I don’t know a cheap way to check that.

There are some beacons that allow speakers to recognize each other. I don’t know how often these are emitted. I’d appreciate an option to suppress this. I imagine that cats would be more sensitive to this.

Badge

I only use streaming services at this time with this speaker, mostly Tidal.