Skip to main content

I have a few Sonos systems in two houses.  One of the houses has both a local cable modem and Starlink system.  Like most of you, it doesn’t matter what you do with your internet, Wi-Fi, hardware, app, etc., Sonos remains broken.

Anyways, on my last support call, the tech said I need to fully dismantle my Starlink system as Sonos is not compatible with Starlink since planes block the satellite signal.  Even though I had explained Sonos continues to have the same problems on either platform (one off, everything reset, I have a decent idea of what I’m doing), I said thank you and ended the call as I didn’t want to explain how Starlink, trigonometry, etc. work.  😂😭😂

I’m curious to see what suggestions come next.  Remove all green articles of clothing from the house?  Refrain from dairy products for at least 12 hours before using the app?  Make sure any tinfoil rolls are stored parallel to the drawer or cabinet fronts?  :)

I highly doubt the Sonos support person told you to “fully dismantle (your) Starlink system.”  Nice try, though.

You are correct and I should have clarified.  His direction was to disconnect and not use Starlink as it is not compatible with Sonos.  I did not get the impression that he was suggesting that I break the Starlink modem and receiver down into individual parts.