Answered

HBO GO sound quality issues using Fire stick

• 4 April 2019
  • 2 replies

So I have had my sonos for over a year. I am using a play 5 gen 1 that has a stereo patch cable connecting it to the tv. I am an employee with a home integration company so it’s no where near my first time using this product. About 2 weeks ago I noticed that only the HBO GO apps sound quality has changed drastically since the last time I had used it. It used to be pretty clear, crackle and pop here or there but nothing crazy. All of the sudden it is muffled and I can hardly hear the words being spoken, I’ve tried adjusting the EQ, even going though my tv speakers on my Sony it doesn’t sound quite right. So I’m sure it’s something with the way HBO go formats it’s audio. I’ve eliminated the possibility that it’s an issue with my fire stick, I see there seem to be other issues with hbo go as well thought the forum. I’m just wondering if anyone has ran into this issue before, All I know is winter is coming and I hope to be able to hear it properly!
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 April 2019, 02:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Have you perhaps tried changing the audio output settings on the fire stick? ...

On your Amazon Fire TV Stick, go to Settings > Display & Sounds > Audio > Dolby Digital Output > and then turn Dolby Digital plus OFF.
I tried this and it did not work. The other apps sound normal/great. Has anyone heard of any issues with the HBO GO app? Thanks