15 year anniversary, 15% discount

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

101 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8
https://www.johnlewis.com/sonos-play-5-smart-speaker-2nd-gen/p2221630?colour=Black

Ok, John Lewis are a recommended UK retailer and the Play:5, for example, is listed at £449 in the UK, and no mention of a discount or special offer.

So, will I get cashback or not if I buy from John Lewis as we all know the full price is £499?

It's a very vague offer!

Regards,

G

It's NOT vague at all. The offer of a 15% discount is available ONLY if you buy via the Sonos.com website. That means a Play 5 would be £424.15 so still cheaper via Sonos and they also have a generous returns policy.

And, NO. You won't get credited by Sonos if you buy your Play 5 via John Lewis

Your post is confusing. Purchasing a Sonos product from a retailer such as John Lewis entitles the buyer to 15% cashback on proof of purchase.
“Participants may use a discount code received from Sonos (the 'Discount Code') to receive 15% off their purchase on sonos.com or a 15% Cashback Award for purchases made from Sonos-authorised retailers (Participating Retailers), subject to the Terms and Conditions.”
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Well I must admit that I hadn't thoroughly read the original mail otherwise I would have purchased my Play 1 using my company's reward scheme from Currys and then claimed the cash back. So I was wrong that the discount is only available via Sonos.com.
Having said that I read the terms, now!, and they do seem fairly clear to me. Buy from Sonos for 15% off or buy from an authorised stockist and claim an additional 15% off the PURCHASE price.
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
I have no idea what you mean by “an additional 15% off the PURCHASE price.” There is no additional discount - it’s 15% and that’s it. Let me try and simplify it for you.
You purchase a Sonos product from sonos.com, quoting your discount code, and receive 15% discount at the point of sale
OR
You purchase from an authorised retailer, such as John Lewis in the U.K., again quoting your discount code, and the 15% discount will be reimbursed to you at some later date. If the product already has a discounted price then you can’t claim a further 15%.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I read it to mean that if you buy a Play 1 from John Lewis for £190 you would get 190x0.15 cash back.
But y, it ain't up to me. If you're unsure call the sales team
Hello, I have purchased many Sonos products over the years and have my email setup through the app - I recently bought my PLAY 5's to complete my surround sound setup (one one purchased last month through best buy and the other was purchased on 9/6).

I haven't received an email for the code though - can you please help?
If you go back to the first page of this thread, I'd highly recommend that you read all the posts by Ryan S, the Sonos employee.
I emailed the sales team and plan on giving them a call tomorrow - thanks for the response 🙂
I have to agree with Stuart -w . John Lewis is an authorised dealer , their play1 is £180, not £199, but there is no indication that this is a discounted offer, therefore does the buyer get £180 - 15% or does the buyer even though they have bought at £180 only get the full price of £199 - 15%. and I have read the terms and conditions and the claim form but still bemused by which is correct. There is also reference to contacting the sales team I would have thought there would be an update from them or someone who has spoken to them by now.
I bought a Playbase from RicherSounds for £649.99 and submitted a cashback request which has been 'validated for payment' at £97.35.....HTH
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I bought a Playbase from RicherSounds for £649.99 and submitted a cashback request which has been 'validated for payment' at £97.35.....HTH
That's what I'd expect -- 15% of the actual purchase cost from a qualifying dealer -- having read the T's & C's. The Richer Sounds discount does not count as a 'Promotion'.

Sevenoaks is about to get yet more of my money as I grab that CONNECT:AMP that I have no real need for.
Badge +1
Called the support. I never got an email because I was not subscript in the marketing list.
I'm waiting for the email with the code now...
Badge
You can buy from any "Sonos" authorized reseller @full Sonos pricing and submit your receipt and serial numbers for each sonos items online for a claim. The claim process was actually very simple. They will review the receipt and decide whether your purchase is eligible for a claim. Checking if the Product was purchased though the promotional dates of 9//5-915 and if there were other promotions offered. (spoke to a customer service rep and was told the speaker must be purchased at full purchase price) If your purchase if verified, they will send rebate in the form of a bank transfer.

As an FYI, you are only able to claim the 15% off on 3 products per a household (assuming per discount code as well). For example if you buy a full 5.1 system playbar/base, sub, stereo play 1,3,5... there will be one speaker that is not eligible for 15% rebate.
Hi there, I have made a valid purchase from an approved store, who told me about the offer, in fact that is what persuaded me to purchase the four Play 1's. I haven't received an e-mail code. When I try to process online it won't let me as I don't have a code . How do I get my code ? I'm on hold for your call centre and have spent so far 27 mins waiting !. Please can you help ? Many thanks.
Badge +1
a while ago I spent 21 minutes... keep waiting 😃
I've been a U.K Sonos customer/user for over 5 years, I didn't receive an emailed code so I contacted Sonos support via email, they said I didn't receive an email due to not being subscribed to receive product update emails, they sent me a code so I ordered a Play3, received the order Thursday and yesterday tried to submit a claim, making sure the code was correctly typed in, however it's stating the code is not recognised - currently awaiting a response from Sonos support. (Given this is a promotion to celebrate 15 years of having customers... all it's done so far is give me a headache!) Hopefully they will rectify the issue, they did confirm you can either buy from them or from one of their listed authorised resellers. Hopefully others experiences will be smoother than mine!
I had a similar problem, bought with the email code, a few days later I bought a SUB...and the same code didn't work. Contacted support and (eventually) received a new code......that didn't work, contacted support again and they replied

I am disappointed to hear that you are still having issues submitting a second purchase cash back claim to the Anniversary website. I have had feedback from or Sales Team who have advised that this is a known issue regarding secondary codes being used on the Anniversary website and we are currently working on a resolution.
Great unexpected promo, too bad the purchase on which the discount applies is limited to 2000 euro here in Italy, I would have bought more items ...
https://www.johnlewis.com/sonos-play-5-smart-speaker-2nd-gen/p2221630?colour=Black

Ok, John Lewis are a recommended UK retailer and the Play:5, for example, is listed at £449 in the UK, and no mention of a discount or special offer.

So, will I get cashback or not if I buy from John Lewis as we all know the full price is £499?

It's a very vague offer!

Regards,

G

It's NOT vague at all. The offer of a 15% discount is available ONLY if you buy via the Sonos.com website. That means a Play 5 would be £424.15 so still cheaper via Sonos and they also have a generous returns policy.

And, NO. You won't get credited by Sonos if you buy your Play 5 via John Lewis

The perils of not reading & understanding every detail before pronouncing!
Badge +1
I've been a U.K Sonos customer/user for over 5 years, I didn't receive an emailed code so I contacted Sonos support via email, they said I didn't receive an email due to not being subscribed to receive product update emails, they sent me a code so I ordered a Play3, received the order Thursday and yesterday tried to submit a claim, making sure the code was correctly typed in, however it's stating the code is not recognised - currently awaiting a response from Sonos support. (Given this is a promotion to celebrate 15 years of having customers... all it's done so far is give me a headache!) Hopefully they will rectify the issue, they did confirm you can either buy from them or from one of their listed authorised resellers. Hopefully others experiences will be smoother than mine!

More or less the same here, but I bought from a Sonos authorized reseller.
Contacted Sonos support via phone, they said I didn't receive an email due to not being subscribed to receive product update emails, they sent me a code

Reply from Sonos support

Hi Nuno, the code works at this end. Make sure you are on http://www.sonos.com/nl-be/home for shopping.

It looks the code is to be used while shopping on the website, not on the cashback claim.
I asked back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
That's what I'd expect -- 15% of the actual purchase cost from a qualifying dealer -- having read the T's & C's. The Richer Sounds discount does not count as a 'Promotion'.

Sevenoaks is about to get yet more of my money as I grab that CONNECT:AMP that I have no real need for.

As a datapoint: I've just picked up a CONNECT:AMP at Sevenoaks Sounds & Vision in the UK for £449 (versus the SONOS store price of £499). Sevenoaks is an authorised SONOS dealer. I've submitted the cash-back claim, and it indicated a refund of £67.35 -- 15% of the purchase price, which is what I'd expect. I assume this claim will be processed without issue. I used the claim code sent to me by email.

(This is a UK example. The terms and conditions in other countries may vary.)
Does anyone have a code that they don't plan on using and mind sharing? Thanks
Badge +1
Does anyone have a code that they don't plan on using and mind sharing? Thanks

If you call them, they will give you one.
hi, i was not lucky enough to receive this code but am registered. I am in the UK can any kind souls not using theres email me one please dawsonm78@hotmail.com
Hi there, I have made a valid purchase from an approved store, who told me about the offer, in fact that is what persuaded me to purchase the four Play 1's. I haven't received an e-mail code. When I try to process online it won't let me as I don't have a code . How do I get my code ? I'm on hold for your call centre and have spent so far 27 mins waiting !. Please can you help ? Many thanks.
this is what happened to me as well now they are telling me (songs call centre) that i only qualify if i had received an email prior to the purchase 😠