15 year anniversary, 15% discount

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

101 replies

What about a bundle, if a buy 2 play:1 together or a complete 5.1 setup (sub, playbar and 2play:3). Eligible or not?
Hi, I have not received this email. Can someone not planning on using their code share one with me please? Thanks in adv!
You can just purchase from an authorized retailer and submit your proof of purchase and received a 15% rebate from Sonos. No need for a code that way.

Could this be officially confirmed by the Sonos team?

Even though I've registered my products I have not received an email either.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi guys, good questions. We're not able to answer them here, but you'll want to reach out to our sales team if anything comes up that you can't find an answer to on this page.Ryan, could you please clarify if the cashback will honored when someone buys a combo from an authorized reseller at a discount? E.g. Playbar + Sub for €1.399 in stead of 2x €799. It is very vague unfortunately.

From the Terms listed here:

Products purchased as part of another promotion are specifically excluded from this promotion.

@mortenjonandersen, on the same page, you'll find this:

Participants who purchase a new Sonos PLAY:1, PLAY:3, PLAY:5, PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, SUB, CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP or BOOST (each a “Qualifying Product”) in-store or online from a Participating Retailer in a Participating Country (as defined below) between 00:00 GMT 5 September 2017 and end at 23:59 GMT 15 September 2017 (the “Promotion Period”) will be entitled to claim a Cashback Reward equal to the value of 15% of the purchase price paid for the Qualifying Product excluding VAT or other applicable taxes, up to a maximum Cashback Reward value of the following for your local currency: USD 300, CAD 390, AUD 412.50, GBP 300, EUR 300, SEK 2,850, DKK 2,250, CHF 345.
Hi guys, good questions. We're not able to answer them here, but you'll want to reach out to our sales team if anything comes up that you can't find an answer to on this page.Ryan, could you please clarify if the cashback will honored when someone buys a combo from an authorized reseller at a discount? E.g. Playbar + Sub for €1.399 in stead of 2x €799. It is very vague unfortunately.

From the Terms listed here:

Products purchased as part of another promotion are specifically excluded from this promotion.

@mortenjonandersen, on the same page, you'll find this:

Participants who purchase a new Sonos PLAY:1, PLAY:3, PLAY:5, PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, SUB, CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP or BOOST (each a “Qualifying Product”) in-store or online from a Participating Retailer in a Participating Country (as defined below) between 00:00 GMT 5 September 2017 and end at 23:59 GMT 15 September 2017 (the “Promotion Period”) will be entitled to claim a Cashback Reward equal to the value of 15% of the purchase price paid for the Qualifying Product excluding VAT or other applicable taxes, up to a maximum Cashback Reward value of the following for your local currency: USD 300, CAD 390, AUD 412.50, GBP 300, EUR 300, SEK 2,850, DKK 2,250, CHF 345.

Dear Ryan,
I read the terms too, that is why I asked since they are unclear. To state my question again: "Is the discount only eligible for purchases made at full price or are combined purchases at lower prices also eligible?"

However the retailer got a better answer from a Sonos rep. A customer can claim the cashback at Sonos for any action product bought in their (online) shop.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
@Esset, as far as I know, and I could be wrong on this one, so again I'd suggest giving our sales team a call for these questions, it's only eligible for full priced units. Which means if you're getting a bundle that has a reduced price, it's not eligible for the promotion.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
To state my question again: "Is the discount only eligible for purchases made at full price or are combined purchases at lower prices also eligible?"
Bundles would likely be considered "another promotion", since they have their own discount built-in to the price, or have a discount applied by the retailer for purchasing a certain group of products.

If you're not paying the full price, it's not eligible for the discount.

Example... For a while, there was an offer of two (2) Play:1 speakers for $349.99 (USD). That bundle of two speakers would not be eligible since it already has a $50 savings over the cost of two full-price Play:1 speakers (normally $199.99 USD each). BTW, the savings on that two-pack is already about 12.5%.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Oops! I appear to have accidentally bought another Play 1.
I really DO need that stereo pair in the kitchen after all!
Can someone point me in the right direction...

Several devices registered since 2006.. no promo email...

Emailed the page on the promo and got the following...

Unfortunately, we do not provide a code for the promotion as we are the promotional support team.
This would normally be sent via email from a retailer, however if you purchase products in-store, the store provides you with this code.
If this has not been provided, I would advise contacting a retailer directly in order to obtain the code.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Emailed my Sonos authorised dealer and he says Sonos issue them, stuck in a loop.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Austin_Yeahbaby, it'd be best to give our sales team a call, they'll help you place the order. That email is an odd one, it must have gotten filtered to the wrong team, perhaps it went to the support team, not the sales guys.
I've missed the link? How do I receive the discount when living in DK?
Well, if the bundles are excluded from this offer, it is only marketing. Usually you buy several speakers at the same time. Therefore, you prefer a bundle. In such a bundle you probably get 12% discount. Well, now you have 15%. Congratulation for give us additional 3%.
Badge +2
So the "full price" / "no additional promotions" part of the terms is what's confusing me.

1) Currently on Amazon, a black Play:1 (new) is $193.99 (not SRP of 199.00).

2) What about buying a used Play:1 on Amazon for $169.74?

3) Heck, what about buying a Play:5 from Verizon Smart Rewards for $399 plus some Verizon points?

Are any of these eligible to get the additional 15% off? I suspect 1 might be but probably not 2 or 3?
As Ryan S has pointed out several times, you should be asking the sales team at the email he provided, as the community team that runs these boards won't be able to answer .
Badge +1
This is dumb.
If the discount is 15% and by act of god you already have bought with 10%, Sonos should give the other 5%.

Simple.
I don't have get a email with a discount code.
Who can help me with this?
https://www.johnlewis.com/sonos-play-5-smart-speaker-2nd-gen/p2221630?colour=Black

Ok, John Lewis are a recommended UK retailer and the Play:5, for example, is listed at £449 in the UK, and no mention of a discount or special offer.

So, will I get cashback or not if I buy from John Lewis as we all know the full price is £499?

It's a very vague offer!

Regards,

G
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I don't have get a email with a discount code.
Who can help me with this?

Read the thread. The Sonos rep has detailed what to do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
https://www.johnlewis.com/sonos-play-5-smart-speaker-2nd-gen/p2221630?colour=Black

Ok, John Lewis are a recommended UK retailer and the Play:5, for example, is listed at £449 in the UK, and no mention of a discount or special offer.

So, will I get cashback or not if I buy from John Lewis as we all know the full price is £499?

It's a very vague offer!

Regards,

G

It's NOT vague at all. The offer of a 15% discount is available ONLY if you buy via the Sonos.com website. That means a Play 5 would be £424.15 so still cheaper via Sonos and they also have a generous returns policy.

And, NO. You won't get credited by Sonos if you buy your Play 5 via John Lewis
Perhaps, it's different in other countries, but retailers in the US, as far as I've seen, while always apply the manufacturers discount to their price, or infrom you of the avialable rebates for the product. In other words, whatever the retailer says the price is will be what you have to pay if you buy through them. So don't buy it from Best Buy or John Lewis or whatever and expect a discount if their sites say nothing about it.
Badge +1
The offer of a 15% discount is available ONLY if you buy via the Sonos.com website.

In Belgium the page says

Aankopen van niet-geautoriseerde Sonos-dealers of via sonos.com komen niet in aanmerking voor deze Actie.

What translates to

Purchases from unauthorized Sonos dealers or via sonos.com are not eligible for this Action.

via sonos.com will not work...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'd give their sales team a call as suggested by the Sonos rep. Looks like some kind of glitch
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
The way I read it is that if you are purchasing from Sonos.com, then use the discount code that was received by email to get the 15% discount. If purchasing from an authorised re-seller, then follow the claim procedure to retrospectively get the discount. Like @Stuart_W says, any doubts then get in touch with the sales team.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
The offer of a 15% discount is available ONLY if you buy via the Sonos.com website.

In Belgium the page says

Aankopen van niet-geautoriseerde Sonos-dealers of via sonos.com komen niet in aanmerking voor deze Actie.

What translates to

Purchases from unauthorized Sonos dealers or via sonos.com are not eligible for this Action.

via sonos.com will not work...

That's from the section about getting "Cashback on Purchases from Sonos-authorised Retailers". To get the discount from Sonos.com, you need to use your coupon code at the time of purchase, you can't get cashback after the purchase.
Badge +1
humm it can be. I didn't took that interpretation but you might be right.

Here the important question is: Where can I get the code that allows me to get the discount.
I bought yesterday 2x Play:1 on an authorized dealer, why can't I celebrate the the Sonos anniversary? like others can? The site don't allows me to advance without code.
I spent more than 1200€ in sonos equipment in the last 3 weeks...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
humm it can be. I didn't took that interpretation but you might be right.

Here the important question is: Where can I get the code that allows me to get the discount.
I bought yesterday 2x Play:1 on an authorized dealer, why can't I celebrate the the Sonos anniversary? like others can? The site don't allows me to advance without code.
I spent more than 1200€ in sonos equipment in the last 3 weeks...

GIVE THE SALES TEAM A CALL!

http://www.sonos.com/en-gb/contact