Question

Where are all Spotify genres/categories?

• 27 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

About a couple of years ago the Sonos app updated and the integrated UI of the Spotify service changed and since then I can’t see most of the genres/categories (there are about 60, most of them such as Sleep and Focus are missing).

This is the actual Spotify app:

These are the available genres/categories in Sonos:

I contacted the @SpotifyCares on Twitter and this was their response:

Got it. We'd suggest reaching out to our friends at Sonos at https://support.sonos.com/s/?language=en. They should be able to help

So, how can I display all the Spotify categories in the Sonos app?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What you are after is the “old” Spotify Sonos support, with a list of genres like this, right:

The “new” Spotify doesn’t show these any more. There is a way to get Sonos to show the “old” Spotify, but the official Sonos apps reject it. However if you use a third-party app, like SonoPhone or Phonos Universal, it will work just fine. Let me know if you are interested and I will write up what is required. You just need a web browser to enable the old Spotify.

It is laughable that Spotify sent you to Sonos: this change was a deliberate one from Spotify, but they still have the older version available for users who run really old Sonos systems, as you can see from the screenshot.