Sonos will not show songs in activity playlists

• 21 October 2020
  • 10 replies

Hi

Recently our Sonos stopped showing songs in the Activity Playlist under iTunes services.

I’ve tried to remove and re-add iTunes / Apple Music but still this is a problem.

Remaining features of Apple Music seem to work fine.

Please advise

Best regards
Mariusz

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Apple decided to remote this feature.

Thanks for info, though I still can see this categorisation in iTunes/Music…

Right, since Apple removed the ability for third party services like Sonos to see this, you’ll only see it in the Apple apps. As controlav suggests, they are no longer sending that data to Sonos. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

So I dug a little deeper. On my S1 app (on PC), and my own Sonos app against the same system, I do see Activity Playlists under Apple Music / New. Is this what you are missing? I need to ask my wife to add her account to my S2 system to test that configuration.

Thanks both

@controlav do you see songs when you follow through to any of these playlists/folders?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks both

@controlav do you see songs when you follow through to any of these playlists/folders?

I do, yes, eg the top one is Chill:

and then clicking on the top one gets me:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

So I just tried this on my S2 system as well, and the PC, iPhone and my apps all show the same, functional content for these playlists.

So I take back all my previous comments: this feature is still there from Apple, but not working for you, for some reason.

So what platform are you using (Android/Mac?), and is your system Sonos S1 or S2?

Thanks for speedy info

I use it in Mac and iPhone; all was fine until about a month or so, maybe a little longer.

My system is:

Sonos OS: S2
Version: 12.1 (build 60381140)
Hardware Version: 1.8.3.7-2.1
Series ID: A101

Is that the info you were after?

Cheers

I have exactly the same and been talking to Apple about it for several weeks without success - they seem as stumped as everyone else. 

Anyone found a fix yet?

I have exactly the same and been talking to Apple about it for several weeks without success - they seem as stumped as everyone else. 

Anyone found a fix yet?

Did Apple indicate that they’ve changed anything?

I must say I’m a bit surprised that no one from Sonos cares to comment - you would think that one look of their support staff on their app should be enough to provide explanation… Perhaps time too switch to other speakers…

on the other hand I’m a bit surprised that only a handful people have this problem...?