Skip to main content

I am in the process of moving my iTunes Library to my new Mac Book-Pro from my old Mac. The problem is that my Sonos playlists have songs with paths to files that point to my old computer. Is there a way to change the paths in my Sonos Playlists that do not involve re-doing the playlists from scratch? Or, alternatively, can I use the same Computer Name in my new computer, as defined in the Sharing folder in System Preferences, as the old computer? Other?

Thank you!

Hi @Miguel1959 

Thanks for your post!

I think you would need to duplicate the first computer’s network name to the second computer, make sure your music is stored in the same path on that computer, and also make sure to rename the old computer to something else. Please also completely remove the Music Library share and add it again from the new computer.

I hope this helps.

Alternatively you could export your Sonos playlists using my iOS app (see profile) in Sonos xml format, then use a text editor to globally change the computer names in every path to the new one, then import that playlist back into your Sonos system.

Thanks Corry P for you answer.

When you say “remove the Music Library share and add it again from the new computer” you mean using the Sonos App in my Mac or iPhone? 

Thanks Controlav  for your answer! I have downloaded your app and used it to see what the XML of the playlists looked like. This is a very good option. Thanks.

Hi @Miguel1959 

Thanks Corry P for you answer.

When you say “remove the Music Library share and add it again from the new computer” you mean using the Sonos App in my Mac or iPhone? 

I recommend you do so from the Sonos app on your Mac, as this greatly simplifies the process.