Mixcloud wont play

• 17 October 2020
  • 13 replies

Badge

I can’t get Mixcloud to ply through Sonos. Says unable to contact Mixcloud. Deleted and reinstalled both apps. Removed and reinstalled Mixcloud to Sonos. Reauthorised Mixcloud on Sonos. Nothing works.

i can play Mixcloud on my phone. I can play other services through Sonos. I can’t play Mixcloud through Sonos.

Really annoying. Please help. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @johnmacey73@aol.com

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will also help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Badge

Thanks. Done. Number is 1878858827. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jonmicray.

Thanks for your response and effort in submitting the diagnostic.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, the system detected transport and sync errors resulting in playback failure, possibly Sonos is not getting enough bandwidth or experiencing poor wireless conditions. Commonly, these could be caused by wireless interferenceand this article will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products. 

It is also helpful knowing how and through what Sonos is connecting is the great foundation to troubleshooting this successfully.

• May I have the make and model number of any wireless router and/or Access Point that exist on the network?

• Please indicate also how these devices are connected to one another (wired or wireless).

If you are using a local WiFi network with more than one WiFi hub or access point, I recommend that you can try to switch your system toSonosNet by wiring just one standalone Sonos device to your primary WiFi hub or router, that begins the WiFi network. Attempt music playback, or any other activity to Sonos that was previously failing, and see if the problem will be resolved.

Wait for about 3 minutes, then submit a new diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation so I can check if there will be changes.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Exact same problem with since days. 

It works with Airplay but not within Sonos app. 

I am kind of guessing it is due to mixcloud new business model that requires you now to pay $4 a month. 

Badge

Thanks Bruno92, it’s really annoying isn’t it!?

Yes, I can play Mixcloud through Airplay but not through Sonos app. Bizarrely it works sometimes during the week, but at weekends it’s impossible.

Sonos, could you investigate this? I’ve done all the things you suggested already. 

Same for me. If I keep trying to play over and over again, eventually it works. I’m listening to MixCloud right now, but it took probably 30+ attempts to play before one was successful.

This occurs only for MixCloud, none of the other services I use have any issue. THis has been occurring for a number of weeks at least.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello everyone, thanks for reaching out and for bringing this up to our attention.

It will be helpful to submit a diagnostic report on the Sonos app after a few minutes when the issue happens and reach out to Sonos Support, as we can take a closer look and discuss it with all of you individually in real-time. 

I suggest our phone support, they'll start by checking your system health and go from there. They have resources available for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the controller to see what's going on. 

It is also important for a troubleshooting ticket to be created and investigate to determine if this could be a service outage.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know, we’re always here to help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks Bruno92, it’s really annoying isn’t it!?

Yes, I can play Mixcloud through Airplay but not through Sonos app. Bizarrely it works sometimes during the week, but at weekends it’s impossible.

Sonos, could you investigate this? I’ve done all the things you suggested already. 

Indeed, very annoying. Did you also notice that when you play through Mixcloud the mix start in the middle and not at the beginning?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello everyone, thanks for reaching out and for bringing this up to our attention.

It will be helpful to submit a diagnostic report on the Sonos app after a few minutes when the issue happens and reach out to Sonos Support, as we can take a closer look and discuss it with all of you individually in real-time. 

I suggest our phone support, they'll start by checking your system health and go from there. They have resources available for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the controller to see what's going on. 

It is also important for a troubleshooting ticket to be created and investigate to determine if this could be a service outage.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know, we’re always here to help.

Maybe you should start by investing Mixcloud instead of always putting the blame on the customer.

To always hear the same song "you have an interference problem” when there is none… 

The support has no competency in network matters, I knew more than the guys I talked to.

Also your diag is very bad. Especially when my network professional tools say they opposite.

Sound, network and IT engineers are very different jobs and the support does not know all. So following a writing script with the same blabla does not help anyone. 

same issue, using wired connection to sonos, no wireless

diagnostics # 1857498949

no issue playing outside of sonos

mixcloud premium account FYI

Hi all. I was pointed here by another person with similar issues. I’ve done all the checks as requested but it’s happened again today on the weekend (as above weekends are most affected) 

last time I talked on a strand about this issue outside of my original strand I was told off by a Sonos helper but as I’m invited this time by another person with a similar issue I’m hoping it’s ok?

Anyway!  If I’m in the wrong positing here I apologise again but if Mixcloud could work with the issue everyone is seemingly experiencing then all is good! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi everyone, we appreciate your time and effort in working through this, as per the above suggestion,  it would be best to reach out to Sonos Support, so we can take a closer look at this in real-time to expedite the process. I suggest our phone team for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the computer/controller to see what's going on.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know, we’re always here to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

It's been poor for months now, Sonos listed it as an outage a few weeks back but it's not really fixed.

Odd how one representative says they're looking into it with Mixcloud and another says it's the users system fault?.

Plenty of posts about it not working..