Artist's 'Top Songs' on Apple Music

• 10 September 2020
  • 5 replies

I thought that the new S2 App would have sorted this out. Am I missing something here? I don’t really care if this is an Apple issue or Sonos issue - it is a massive drawback. Any other suggestions for how to work around this apart from looking for an artist’s ‘Essentials’ playlist? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Loby apple.  It’s an issue on their side, which i doubt they have an interest in fixing

Alternatively use Airplay 2 and the Apple music app?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Use the Apple Music app on your device instead and AirPlay it to your Sonos system.

S1/S2 makes no difference as both use the exact same Apple SMAPI service. Apple don’t seem very motivated to fix their Sonos integration.

Use the Apple Music app on your device instead and AirPlay it to your Sonos system.

S1/S2 makes no difference as both use the exact same Apple SMAPI service. Apple don’t seem very motivated to fix their Sonos integration.

I don’t think I can AirPlay with my Play3 and Play1 (gen 1). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

True. Your best bet would be to replace the Play 1 with a one or a one SL. The Play 1s still get a good price on the second hand market. Or just add a One to your system😉

Userlevel 2
Badge

I see people have been begging for this for four years now.  I’ve tolerated this missing feature for years myself.  It’s truly a bummer.