Answered

Amazon Music on Arc

• 15 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello all. 

I recently upgraded my Playbase for the Arc.

I also subscribed to Amazon Music unlimited and was looking forward to hearing HD and Atmos music on my system (Arc +Sub + 2 Play 1s).

Using Sonos2 app  I am informed that the song on Amazon I am streaming is Atmos.

However when I look at  About my System/Sonos System Info during play that there is not an Audio in showing on the Arc.

My question is if the app shows Amazon Atmos is playing should the Arc also show  that Atmos is being recieved and  playing?

When my TV passes through Atmos the Arc tells me that is what it is playing (Atmos,5.1.2.1 etc) so I am confident that all is ok.

The Arc does not tell me what it is playing from Amazon music,

Should it say in About my System “Audio in : Dolby Atmos” (or something similar) or is my configuration not set up correctly for Amazon Music Atmos and HD

Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 December 2021, 20:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

@Northbriton

The Amazon Music audio format is shown as a ‘badge’ (HD/UltraHD or Atmos) on the rooms ‘Now Playing’ screen.

Userlevel 7

The About My System “Audio In” information will only display the type of audio when the Arc is playing audio in TV mode. When in music mode, nothing will be displayed after “Audio In”. When streaming music from Amazon Music, just look for the Dolby Atmos logo on the Now Playing screen instead.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yep.. got that Ken ty…

It isnt the app notification that concerns me… I can see that Atmos is being delivered from Amazon.

Its the Sonos System/About my System/Sonos System Info,,

In there the Arc is not showing what it is playing on Audio in during playback

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The About My System “Audio In” information will only display the type of audio when the Arc is playing audio in TV mode. When in music mode, nothing will be displayed after “Audio In”. When streaming music from Amazon Music, just look for the Dolby Atmos logo on the Now Playing screen instead.

Thanks Guitar.. That explains it then!

Didnt know only TV output gave format playing info on Audio in…

ty for the explanation .. much appreciated