Welcome to Music, culture & the industry

What's happening in the world of music and digital media? What are you listening to this week? #NowPlaying

Recommended music - other than classical and pop

I am not sure there is a thread on what Sonos is truly about - the music, so this might be an interesting thread. I have left out classical because that deserves a thread of its own and modern pop bec...

Spotify Connect, serious competition

Spotify today announced Spotify Connect, which will be a series of hardware from well-known hardware to seamlessly integrate spotify onto devices where the control is from the regular Spotify applicat...

Something big coming? Let the speculation begin...

http://www.slashgear.com/sonos-has-big-news-august-30th-is-it-alexa-voice-control-12451637/

Sonos Company Ethicacy, Morality and Integrity Core Values?

In the aftermath of the CR100 debacle it may be helpful to discuss the direction and methods taken by Sonos management to achieve their end goal of retiring the CR100 by force and the impact on and pe...

UK Price Rises

I was very disappointed to be informed of the Sonos price rises in the UK. Although the dollar rate is blamed it doesn't account for why the products are much cheaper in some countries? £100 rise on t...

Amazon Alexa amplifier, receiver, subwoofer

This is getting very interesting. With the addition of Alexa Cast, which IME works better than Chromecast, and certainly better than AirPlay, Amazon is building quite a system. Obviously they don’t...

15 year anniversary, 15% discount

Sonos are celebrating their 15th anniversary with a 15% discount on all new products. The promotion begins today and ends on 15th September. The email I received this morning suggests the offer is val...

Favorite Weekend Mashup or Playlist

Well everyone, it's Friday again! What's playing? For those of us in the US with a long weekend or anyone else taking one anyway, do you wind down the week or spin up the weekend? Maybe a little bit...

Sonos Zone Headphones

What about a set of Sonos wireless headphones that appear as a zone on the controller? I luv been about to stream my music to every speaker, I know you can using line-out you can setup up headphones,...

Privacy statement concern

Am I the only one that finds the new privacy statement disturbing? I cannot recall ever being told when I bought my seven products over a period of time that Sonos had the right to threaten disabling...

I guess I don't get Chromecast Audio
Question

OK, I have a 3 Sonos zones in my house along with the 5.1 system. What I'm struggling with is what seems to be gross ignorance in the press that writes about Sonos vs. Chromecast Audio. I don't have C...

Music for the holiday season

I haven't seen such a thread here and it seems to be a good time to start one. I doubt there is much value in suggesting the pop carols and tunes by all the usual suspects; I reckon that albums that...

'You're better than this' Event June 6
Answered

so today is the latest Sonos event. Sadly it wont be live streamed. The 'teaser' image attached Any further speculation what it will be New voice enabled Home Theatre device More on Airplay2 More o...

Paving the way for an Amazon powered Sonos?

In light of Sonos' current effort in integrating the Amazon Echo/Alexa system as a control device, I wonder if this announcement might add some opportunity in the future to have it integrated inside t...

New stuff?

http://www.slashgear.com/sonos-playbase-and-boost-tipped-incoming-24342525/

Amazon Echo 2

There are rumours of an Amazon Echo 2 being released soon, It'll be a very interesting time with all of these new 'Smart Speakers' being launched. The Apple Homepod, the new Sonos speaker with built-...

Best Songs for SUB and Stereo Imaging?

Hi Everyone! I have SUB configured with two PLAY:1's in a stereo pair and was wondering what everyones favourite songs are that you think really brings out the best of SUB and the wonderful stereo im...

Anyone see this!!?

http://www.engadget.com/2005/12/24/sonos-zoneplayer-zp80-leaked/#comments

Homepod vs Sonos

Picked up a Homepod over the weekend. No comparison to my Sono's system...in fact it has made me fall in love with my Sonos all over again. Whoever said that the Homepod is a Play5 killer is on crac...

Interview with John McFarlane, CEO

I found an interview with Sonos CEO John MacFarlane from earlier in the week, where he talks about the company, competition and how Sonos views the market. A 19 min video down the page: https://gigao...

Alexa in Canada
Answered

I have been stomped for days pondering about why Amazon has not release Alexa yet in Canada. I really hope it is not because of new privacy legislations that has been brought up. I probably am on the...

Sonos layoffs, will speakers work if something horrible were to happen
Question

Recently Sonos announce layoffs, and a strategic strategy change to ensure the company remain profitable. Hopefully nothing bad will ever happen, but if Sonos were to no longer exist as a company, wou...

non support of older sonos speakers

was reading about your new IPO and in the article it said you would no longer be supporting some of your older speakers in the near future, what speakers do they anticipate no longer supporting?

Hey Siri, ...

- Hey Siri, can I have a HomePod today? - Hey Siri, can I get a HomePod subwoofer? - Hey Siri, can I get a HomePod 5.1 system? - Hey Siri, does HomePod sound as good as a SONOS PLAY:5? - Hey Siri, do...

Sonos IPO?

May be in the works. http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/sonos-ipo-plans-1202745164/

Badges

• Badge
    Riddler earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    nickzaff earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    TLT ENT earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Steve O'Shea earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    bnw earned the badge Almost Famous
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings