Product suggestion: WiFi speakers that actually connect!?

• 23 March 2024
  • 2 replies

When I bought my first Sonos speaker in 2010 or ‘12 I gave Sonos the benefit of the doubt. Company is new.. working out the kinks… but 14 years later and the newer devices I bought in 2018 still be struggling?? Occasionally people change their WiFi setup. Why must it be such an arduous task to get these damn WiFi speakers to connect to WiFi?!?!!

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

quit spending resources on beautifying the app… just make the speakers connect to the damn WIFI!!! Or Bluetooth, or WHATEVER… it boggles my mind that Tesla can update how a car drives over the air, as can apple, as can EVERY DAMN DEVICE I OWN… except Sonos, the WiFi speakers… don’t connect to WiFi!!!! 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sorry to hear that you’re having some issues. 

For balance, to anyone reading this thread: I’ve changed ISP’s and therefore WiFi’s several times over the years I’ve owned Sonos gear and had very few issues. My system is stable and useable more than 99% of the time I want to use it. 

I recently added 2 Era’s to my system with no problem whatsoever. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Setting reserved ip addresses seems to resolve wifi connection problems for many that initially report wifi problems. Have you tried that, @Username44 ?