Sticky Answered

Moving and transferring sonos to new owners

• 18 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Sold my house and new owners want the Sonos S1 system. Do I perform a factory reset and let them register the product on their own account. BTW I will be putting Sonos into my new home - a home is not a home without Sonos. 

icon

Best answer by buzz 18 December 2023, 11:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, I would perform a factory reset on all Sonos devices and let the new owner set up the system from scratch using their own Sonos account.

great thanks for your quick reply!

The Factory Reset will destroy all of your music service registrations, SONOS Playlists, and such. If you want to preserve these, temporarily add a Factory Reset unit from the new house to the old house. You can then use this unit as the base unit at the new house. At the new house add other Factory Reset units to this base unit. You can also do the inverse. Factory reset all but one unit from the current house and take this unit to the new house, build your new system by adding to this unit, then Factory Reset the shuttle unit and send it back to the old house.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You could offer to set your old gear up for the new owner if they seem nice.

Ulterior motive, once set up it will come off your Sonos account.

Thanks so much for the replies - will use Buzz’s advice and copy off an existing unit and propagate to the new sonos units - just saved me a lot of anguish with the family!