News

Deezer x Sonos collaboration

• 17 October 2023
  • 12 replies
Deezer x Sonos collaboration
Userlevel 5
Badge +11

We have some exciting news that we would like to share with you all!

As some of you may know, Deezer entered into a long-term partnership with Sonos earlier this year. Since April, Deezer has made an extensive, curated music catalog available to its streaming radio service Sonos Radio and its subscription service Sonos Radio HD.

As most of you might know, Deezer is one of the music services that supports lossless audio in FLAC format (16-bit / 44.1 kHz) by default. No additional subscription is required.

Another cool feature I love is “Flow”, as it combines some of your favorite tracks but can also help you find some new hidden gems you've never heard before but are right up your alley!

These are just a few of Deezer's features, and you can read more about all the great features here.

CjL2mVAXgkpPM_WrnELcSn7buBYsqJpPdcvvyjMboxMWousF7FamwrLmQ638Zzeep7xl7hxF_3dDxUfMyPidXBtuk1asbrhn2a1mXdtSskgYFYXZD98dP4u4T68HYUIeYeW7KqbuOSmVWgIClxscztM

We wanted to share some exciting developments from this partnership with you.

The Deezer and Sonos communities will work together! 🤝 We have some great things in common, users in the communities, so we want to take advantage of the opportunity and start collaborating here, too. You therefor might see Jaime from Deezer pop up from time to time.

So, what does this mean for the future? - well, keep an eye out as some things might be coming soon😉

Do you already use Deezer? Let us know what you like best about it, and we will give you this cool badge that our German Deezer friend Antje created 🙂

12 replies

I am hoping that this partnership brings atmos music to Sonos radio.  I realize that Deezer doesn’t currently do atmos music via their own streaming service, but it also seems like a miss for Sonos speakers to support atmos music, but Sonos radio doesn’t deliver it currently.

Badge +20

I really like Deezer as a streaming service and always end up switching back to it so will be interesting to see what the future brings.

Edit: Didn’t actually say what I like about Deezer, well it’s mainly because of my music likes and that the Deezer catalogue meets it. Also it  has worked flawlessly ever since it was added as a service to Sonos and later appreciated the exclusive CD quality that was only for Sonos customers.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

can somebody explain what the differences in Sonos Radio are since Deezer took over. I haven’t noticed any difference...

Bonjour, 

Je suis ravie de lire cette nouvelle collaboration mais chez moi, Deezer fonctionne très très mal sur SONOS, il ne fait que couper les chansons. J'ai désinstallé et réinstallé l'application dans sonos plein de fois mais rien n'y fait. Ça m'énerve alors je n'écoute plus rien. J'envisage de fermer Deezer et de  vendre tous mes appareils sonos si ça continue car personne ne répond à mes demandes chez Deezer. Ils s'en fichent complètement. Peut être que Spotify ou YouTube fonctionnent mieux ? C'est insupportable d'écouter Deezer sur SONOS chez moi. Merci pour votre éventuelles réponses 

Badge +20

Nathaline, suggest you contact Sonos directly on their support telephone line and let them look at your system to see what your local issue is.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

can somebody explain what the differences in Sonos Radio are since Deezer took over. I haven’t noticed any difference...

@flyingpadrejr 

Sorry for the late response, but yes, I can answer that!

First, I am glad you haven’t noticed any significant difference, as our plan was to have no change to the end-user experience.

We will continue working with Deezer to identify areas where we can enhance the listening experience for Sonos users.

One of these is Sonos Radio. This is one of the things we have utilized with the Deezer partnership.

Deezer supports our own Sonos Radio stations. Terrestrial radio stations are still hosted by TuneIn.

You can see which service is being used within the app under the Artist information. Sonos Radio (HD) = Deezer, and TuneIn = TuneIn provides the music stream.

I added a few screenshots to show the difference:

So by “long term” you mean less then a year WTF 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hey @lgprezes! Welcome to the community.

Deezer still works on the Sonos app, both S1 and S2. If you try removing it and readding it that should fix the issue. If not, feel free to contact our support. Feel free to submit a diagnostic before contacting us, and the agent can take a look at see what might be the cause of the issue.

Mike H

Wow, yup that did the trick, possible feedback for the Dev Team is to work on better Error Message copy since that was quite misleading. Thank you so much for the quick solution @Mike R. H.  😊👍🏿

Same for me. Strange error, but I removed the Deezer service and then re-added it successfully.

The Sonos app on my phone spawned a web browser instance, and I had to go through some Google captures before it would authenticate me to Deezer.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Glad to hear both of you solved the issue! 🙂

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

For those that stumble onto this thread and have issues like @Venkatesh Murthy and @lgprezes mentioned.

If you have Sonos favorites or playlists that use Deezer songs, first try to re-authorize your account. 

iOS or Android

1. Using the Sonos app, tap Settings > Services & Voice.
  2. Under Music & Content, tap the music service account you'd like to reauthorize.
  3. Tap Reauthorize Account.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to reauthorize the music service account.

Mac or PC

1. Open the Sonos app.
  2. Click Manage > Service Settings.
  3. Select the music service account you'd like to reauthorize, then click Reauthorize.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to reauthorize the music service account.

If that does not work, you can remove the account and add it back in, however that will remove any Deezer songs from Sonos playlists or favorites, using that Deezer account.