Welcome to Music, culture & the industry

What's happening in the world of music and digital media? What are you listening to this week? #NowPlaying

447 Topics

TunesMap

As a Jazz fan, I frequently listen to records, because of the sometimes excellent liner notes, which were intelligently written by some great critics. TunesMap is trying to bring back that experience...

'You're better than this' Event June 6
Answered

so today is the latest Sonos event. Sadly it wont be live streamed. The 'teaser' image attached Any further speculation what it will be New voice enabled Home Theatre device More on Airplay2 More o...

Ikea and Sonos Partnership

Ikea and Sonos are announcing a partnership with pretty limited information. This could be interesting though. https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/6/16741194/sonos-ikea-partnership-home-smart

Apple AirPlay 2: Does it change things for multi-room audio?

From what I've read on airplay 2, it is believe that apple will have the ability to send audio from your iPhone/ipad to multiple speakers and have them play in sync. Now, this could be just a feature...

Sonos Company Ethicacy, Morality and Integrity Core Values?

In the aftermath of the CR100 debacle it may be helpful to discuss the direction and methods taken by Sonos management to achieve their end goal of retiring the CR100 by force and the impact on and pe...

The End of Personal Music Uploads
Question

Looks like Amazon is planning to end your ability to upload or play personal music files, and many predict that all of the other music streaming services will eventually do the same. https://arstechni...

SONOS Trivia

Hello Everyone Besides the fact that SONOS as a word is a Palindrome meaning it reads/pronounced the same spelled backwards and forwards (pretty neat marketing) I’ve always wondered from whence the...

Sonos Invites Media to June 6 Hardware Event

New Playbar? http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/sonos-june-6-event-1202796800/

June 6, 2018 - Sonos has a big Conference planned.

So mark this date down, sonos plans an announcement on June 6th 2018. It might answer a lot of the rumors and blogs that recently came up. https://www.engadget.com/2018/05/03/sonos-home-theater-even...

Spotify songs not found

Often when searching Spotify songs in the Sonos app, they are not found, even though I know they are there. Good example is Tiesto - Secrets (Future House Edit). This song cannot be found when searchi...

UK Price Rises

I was very disappointed to be informed of the Sonos price rises in the UK. Although the dollar rate is blamed it doesn't account for why the products are much cheaper in some countries? £100 rise on t...

playing Spotify and Tidal content in offline mode
Question

Does anyone know if its possible to play your downloaded Spotify or Tidal content while in 'offline' mode mover Sonos? If not, any idea why not?

I think we need to talk, it may not be working out, your not the easy going down to earth Speaker you told me. You are very high maintenance and difficult, why after all these years?

I have 13 speakers (14 if you count the five that if you plug in will kill the whole system) inclusive of the playbar, sub & sub - along with speakers in every bathroom and bedroom in this HUGE 1,200...

So how do I clean up the My Account Products list?

Looking at the list I have several CR-100s that are now recycled as well as a CR-200 (Control) that died long ago. https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/products How do I clean out the old stuff?

Sonos’s Really Interesting Patent App: Play Music Based on Biometrics Like Sweat

The application (submitted in September 2016) describes how a user would consent to having data collected on biomedical measures such as pulse, perspiration, movement and temperature. The biometric in...

Sonos Gets Ready for an IPO ?

Connected-speaker maker Sonos is gearing up for a public offering, if its latest job postings are any indication. In recent weeks, the company began the search for applicants with public company exper...

Greta van Fleet how did I miss this?

I’m an old rock and roll dude , ex musician and music lover. I listen to every genre, but my roots are in hard drive rock from the 70s. For all you younguns that never got the thrill of a new Zeppeli...

PianoDIsc with Sonos
Question

I am trying to connect my PianoDisc player to my Sonos system. I believe I have all of the correct cables connected in the correct manner, but when I try to play through Sonos, my Sonos speakers play...

Audiobook Recommendations: What're You Reading Now?

Audible's now playing to Sonos through the Sonos app and using the Audible app playing right to your Sonos players. So that begs the question, what're you reading/listening to first? We have a whole...

Easy Equalizer for Sonos (app)

Hi all, I bought my Play:5 months ago and have been frustrated about how many menus we have to navigate to open the equalizer for a room. I am the kind of user the changes the equalization very often...

Playing records
Question

Are there any plans to introduce a line in facility so i can play my many records. I understand that there are "line in" options on play 3 and 5 but spending the best part of another £400 having alrea...

Sonos pulling Facebook ads

I just read today in an Engadget article that Sonos was going to temporarily pull it's Facebook ads in response to the Cambridge Analytica scandal and is donating that money to digital rights issues....

What does DTS omission say about Sonos as a company?

I've read the lame excuses about the "modern listener" and their habits. But although I could probably get past losing support for my existing DTS content, I'm wondering if I can get past taking a sla...

iHeart Media (iHeart Radio) files for bankruptcy

What I've seen in the new so far, it probably won't have a significant impact here, but still, worth watching: http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/15/media/iheartmedia-bankruptcy/index.html

Are Sonos here for the long term

Now that Sonos have stop supporting the CR100 controller which of their products are they going to stop supporting next. I have used the CR100 for a few years and it works well, in fact better than th...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings