Skip to main content
Answered

ZP90 use with a Ray

• 3 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I'm looking for a solution that allows me to send an analogue signal via an auxiliary to the Toslink port on the Ray sound bar. I have noted that the old ZP90 can uprate and send a digital signal from the optical output.

my concern is the S1 and S2 apps and the compatibility of the 2 components, is anyone doing this already or any suggestions ?    

thank you 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Toslink is digital only.  Exactly what do you hope to accomplish?  If it is just to get a Ray to play over an S1 system, you could connect it to the optical output on a ZP90/Connect Gen 1, and the ZP90/Connect Gen 1 does have an analog input.  However, that would mean the Ray’s input was taken up by the optical to the ZP90, and any TV based source would need some sort of awkward switching to use the Ray with a TV.

Toslink is digital only.  Exactly what do you hope to accomplish?  If it is just to get a Ray to play over an S1 system, you could connect it to the optical output on a ZP90/Connect Gen 1, and the ZP90/Connect Gen 1 does have an analog input.  However, that would mean the Ray’s input was taken up by the optical to the ZP90, and any TV based source would need some sort of awkward switching to use the Ray with a TV.

Hi jgatie, I’m trying to link a gaming monitor to the Ray but the the monitor only has a 3.5mm Auxiliary jack socket. There will be no need to connect to a TV.

thanks 

Hi, 

I'm looking for a solution that allows me to send an analogue signal via an auxiliary to the Toslink port on the Ray sound bar. I have noted that the old ZP90 can uprate and send a digital signal from the optical output.

my concern is the S1 and S2 apps and the compatibility of the 2 components, is anyone doing this already or any suggestions ?    

thank you 

Don’t go messing around with a ZP90.

You need:

• an analog-to-digital converter with an optical output
  • a powered optical switch with a remote control, to switch between your TV and the other source

Both the above are relatively inexpensive. 

EDIT: Our posts crossed. If there’s no TV you don’t need the optical switch. Just the ADC.

Hi, 

thank you 

Don’t go messing around with a ZP90.

You need:

• an analog-to-digital converter with an optical output
  • a powered optical switch with a remote control, to switch between your TV and the other source

Both the above are relatively inexpensive. 

EDIT: Our posts crossed. If there’s no TV you don’t need the optical switch. Just the ADC.

Thanks Ratty, I do have a device like this on order from Amazon, due later today, I’ll advise if it works. the ZP90 was my back up idea!  

Evening, so.... Bought this from Amazon…

https://amzn.eu/d/f2amHNi

And it works brilliantly, perfect sounds and fixed my problem! 

Cheers