Skip to main content
Answered

unable to connect for first time

• 30 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone!

I am Pablo and just received my beloved Sonos beam gen 2. 
I have watched so many videos about how easy it is to pair it with your phone and I just can’t. 
The app says that any device is found. I already unplugged the Sonos and restart the rooter, but any good news. 
Any advice would be more than welcome. I am running out of patience and hope. 
Thanks in advance. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Have you set up the Beam as a room? You need it set up first, before you can do anything with it. 

Also, have you installed the Sonos S2 app (gold icon) on your phone?

Hi. 
I have installed the s2 Sonos app. But I don’t even get to the step where I can choose how to set up the soundbar. Frustrating…

Thanks for the quick reply, nik. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi. 
I have installed the s2 Sonos app. But I don’t even get to the step where I can choose how to set up the soundbar. Frustrating…

Thanks for the quick reply, nik. 

So you fire up the app. Then what? Where do you get to, and what error messages are you getting? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Fire up the app. Go to settings (icon at bottom right of screen) the System, then add product. 

I plugged the beam with a cable to the rooter and the soundbar updated, but when I moved it to the living room it stopped working. It has to do with the internet, definitely. But I don’t know how to solve the issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Does it work on Ethernet cable in the living room? 

Have you disabled wifi?

Was it “working” before you moved it? 

Finally made it!

I called the service center and we both could make it. Reset the soundbar, issues with the hdmi arc, … but in the end it’s working. 
Thanks for your help. 
Now it’s time to enjoy it and check the atmos. :)