Answered

two tv connected to the same sonos speakers

• 26 July 2021
  • 3 replies

I have two tv’s in the same room. One tv is connected to a (Sonos Arc+Sub+ 2 Sonos SL +Sonos Five).

If I get another sound bar, like either another Sonos Arc or a beam. Will it be possible to connect my second tv to the new sound bar but with the same surround system I already have (Sub+ 2Sonos SL + Sonos Five)?

icon

Best answer by buzz 26 July 2021, 01:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

This would not be a graceful transition because you would need to first remove all of the supporting components from the first ARC or BEAM (one by one), then add them to the other ARC or BEAM (one by one).

Is there any other way to have a smooth transition between both tv’s?

Because I am not sure how would I be able to create two surround setups for two tv’s on the same room without the need to buy another sub and another 4 speakers.

Using any type of equipment, proper surround sound requires that the TV is placed between the L-C-R speakers used with that TV and the surround speakers are typically placed behind the viewer.

If the TV’s are on opposing walls it would be possible to swap the front and rear speakers when watching one or the other TV’s, but this is not practical with SONOS.

One approach using a standard A/V receiver would be to use a receiver and a giant speaker transfer switch to swap front and rear speakers when using one or the other TV. There will be other issues, such as attempting to use Apps on one or the other TV. This will not be straight forward because receivers and TV’s only have one ARC input.

I think that the least expensive approach would be to use two A/V receivers, one for each TV, and a speaker selector switch to exchange front and rears between receivers. Subwoofer placement is more relaxed and, while not quite optimal, a subwoofer could be shared between systems (with minimal trickery).

Do you really need two surround systems? If you only need two screens, some A/V receivers support connecting two screens.