Answered

TV Remote will not Pair with Sonos Beam

• 27 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Any help greatly appreciated.

I have a 2021new OLED LG 55 Tv and the remote will not pair with the Beam.

I have had to use the optical connection as the ARC is just not recognised for some bizarre reason.

I have tried many times but the remote will not pair with the beam . The only way i can adjust the sound is via the APP.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by buzz 27 February 2022, 22:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Is the remote IR or RF? If it is RF you will need to switch it to IR, if you can, the Beam only has an IR receiver.

As the ARC port is not recognized you might have bigger problems still mind you...

Remote “Pairing” usually refers to a Bluetooth connection between two products. In this respect is not possible to “pair” with a BEAM because BEAM does not support Bluetooth control. 

In the LG setup you should be able to indicate that you want to use its remote to control an A/V receiver (using IR commands). In this setup procedure you will be asked to pick a manufacturer. For your purposes this is an arbitrary choice, just don’t pick one that you presently have nearby. Now, you can train BEAM to accept these Volume commands from the LG remote. If you have a cable box, specify the same receiver and you’ll be able to control Volume with the cable box remote too.