Answered

trouble connecting Sonos arc to hue play and other devices

• 20 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a Samsung Q 90 connected by Earc to my Sonos arc.. I have my hue play out connected to HDMI 2 on my TV. Cable box, Apple TV, and Xbox connected to hue play ports 1,2 and 4, respectively. These are the best instructions for set up I could find on the Internet… The picture comes up, but it flickers… 

it doesn’t seem like you can plug three different devices into one HDMI port on the TV. What if you have two of the devices on? How does tie TV know which one to go to? I think maybe that’s causing the problem. I  used a brand new 4K HDMI cable to connect the Hue Play device and TV. 
I had previously gone through a Marantz receiver, and it worked perfectly. Wanted to upgrade to Sonos thinking it would work better with new technology like hue lights.  
Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 May 2023, 11:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DarthSnowflake 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m not sure how this relates to Sonos - I recommend you seek help on the Philips Hue website https://www.philips-hue.com/en-gb/support/faq

As you mentioned that it worked with a different receiver, however, it may help to disable CEC functions on the Hue bridge or on the devices connected to it. Or, fit a CEC-Less adaptor. Another option to test would be if using the Optical Adaptor for the Arc would help, though this would limit you from receiving Atmos audio.

I hope this helps.