There was a problem adding Google Assistant on Sonos Beam

• 7 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 11 replies

Hi,

I’ve performed a few reboots and a single factory reset on my beam today as the Google Assistant stopped working this morning and was not able to connect to the network for some reason, the beam also seems to disappear from the Sonos App - not sure why. All other devices can connect (and remain connected to the internet) and my Sonos One (Gen2) continues to work with Google Assistant enabled.

I’ve tried rebooting the router already as well as unlinking the Sonos devices from google assistant. Every time I try to add a voice assistant to the Beam it would go through to try open up the google assistant app and then finally error out with “There was a problem adding Google Assistant”.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by altyz 7 February 2021, 12:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Try this:

In the Sonos app, go to Settings > App Preferences and tap Reset App. Then close and reopen the app and try to add Google Assistant.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi GuitarSuperstar,

Thanks for your support, unfortunately, no luck with the app reset either. Also, leaving the system along for some time just now and attempted to add the google assistant again still no change.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Quick update: Super weird so here is the state of play:

My Sonos One (Gen2) has Google Assistant working no problems.

My Sonos Beam is marked as “Offline” on Sonos.com>System

My Sonos Beam is however controllable via the Android Sonos S2 app.

Checking the “Linked Services” page under Google Assistant it’s show Sonos (3 devices) where it should be showing 4. (I have two IKEA symfonisk) - unlinking and relink does not update this number.

It seems to me like something got missed during the setup.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all, quick update this solved it for me (I’m using an Asus RT-AX86U). Related to QOS options I think. everythings working well now. Thanks.