Answered

The Arc Sound Bar & LG Oled Audio

• 6 April 2024
  • 4 replies

And attempting to mute the sound of the arc sound bar I’m not having any luck. connected via eARC HDMI PORT. I have Gone into the television settings, TV sound only, mutes the sound bar for five seconds but then the sound bar comes back on? 

any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 7 April 2024, 01:58

View original

4 replies

Assuming you are using the HDMI2-eARC port on the TV and CEC, perhaps switch off the Sonos Arc’s infrared receiver and repeater and see if that resolves the issue. 

In Sonos App goto ‘Settings/System/[Arc Room Name]’ to change the IR settings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Not sure this is related to ir. Is this not an HDMI-CEC thing that could be solved by turning HDMI-CEC (Simplink) off? Not sure why you’d want to go back to the TV speakers once you’ve bought an Arc, but that’s another matter……

Not sure this is related to ir. Is this not an HDMI-CEC thing that could be solved by turning HDMI-CEC (Simplink) off? Not sure why you’d want to go back to the TV speakers once you’ve bought an Arc, but that’s another matter……

I read the OP’s post as saying that they are trying to mute the audio on the Sonos Arc but the sound unmutes after a few seconds - if that’s the case my thoughts are that the CEC and IR are competing to mute the TV audio and because it’s a toggle button, the CEC protocol is muting the TV and the IR pass-through feature is then unmuting the TV… but maybe I’m misreading the OP’s post🤔? 

And attempting to mute the sound of the arc sound bar I’m not having any luck. connected via eARC HDMI PORT. I have Gone into the television settings, TV sound only, mutes the sound bar for five seconds but then the sound bar comes back on? 

any suggestions?

If you’re trying to switch TV audio output (rather than trying to mute your Arc) then you will need to switch off ‘Simplink’ as @106rallye has rightly suggested, but note "a very few" LG TV models ‘may’ not support the switching off of Simplink when a soundbar is connected to the TV, so you may need to just try it and see.