Answered

Symfonisk + Sonos Beam + Sub Mini

• 18 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi everybody, 

I actually have 2 Symfonisk (gen 2).

I plan to replace my TV soundbar with a Sonos Beam (gen 2) + Sonos Sub Mini

I would like to know if it possible to make 2 separate listening profile like this :

The 2 Symfonisk + Sub Mini to listen to music 

Sonos Beam + Sub Mini to listen and watch to the TV? 

In other words, is it possible to share the Sub Mini in 2 separate configuration? 

Everything is in the same room next to each other. 

Thank you very much for your help 

Regards 

Olivier 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 18 February 2023, 13:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

It’s possible, to do these things, but it means bonding and unbonding the Sub-Mini from one room to then add it to the other …and by doing that all Trueplay tuning settings (if used) are lost and have to be recreated on rebonding the Sub. It’s not a process that I, or other regular community users here, would recommend. You might be better off bonding the two Symfonisk speakers as rear surrounds instead to the Beam, together with the Sub-Mini and play full ‘music’ audio and TV surround sound (DD5.1/Atmos) audio to all.

Indeed it seems to be so restrictive that's what I feared

Thank you very much for your help !

Olivier 

Indeed it seems to be so restrictive that's what I feared

Thank you very much for your help !

Olivier 

It's not an arbitrary restriction.  When adding a Sub or surrounds, the radios are reconfigured to use a direct 5GHz connection between the soundbar and the Sub/surrounds.  This reconfiguration entails a bunch of handshakes, which is why it takes time and cannot be an instantaneous switch.  Same for switching back. 

It’s also mostly a one way connection, quite dissimilar from a standard Sonos speaker configuration. Very little information travels from the ‘child’ speaker back to the ‘parent’.