Answered

surround sound with Sonos Ray and Sonos Era 100

• 29 March 2024
  • 5 replies

I have ray and era 100 how do I set up for surround sound have paired them but I think they're working as stereo not surround ?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 29 March 2024, 11:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In Sonos speak "pairing” means setting them up as a stereo pair. The process to ad speakers as surrounds is called "bonding". See Add surround speakers to a Sonos home theater | Sonos

If the two Era's are indeed paired as a stereo pair, you need to unpair them first befor adding them as surrounds to the soundbar.

Thank you so much for getting back to me, how do I unpair please (have tried!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/separate-a-stereo-pair

Thanks I’ve somehow managed to stereo pair them in separate rooms, I’ve tried resetting the app but end up with two rooms with Ray in one and Era in the other think when open App again. I think need to reset completely and start from scratch if that’s possible?

I bought Ray first then got Era so didn’t set up as Surround from scratch….

tyi

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks I’ve somehow managed to stereo pair them in separate rooms, I’ve tried resetting the app but end up with two rooms with Ray in one and Era in the other think when open App again. I think need to reset completely and start from scratch if that’s possible?

I bought Ray first then got Era so didn’t set up as Surround from scratch….

tyi

Tap the “Settings” icon (far right one of the 5 at the bottom of the screen), then select System, then the room with the paired Eras. Tap Remove Stereo Pair. 

Then follow the instructions above to add surrounds.