Sound Dropouts + crackling on Sonos Arc

• 12 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

First of all I apologize for my not perfect english.
I bought a whole system with sonos arc + 2 sonos one sl.
I spent a lot but I was super happy with the quality of the audio and the superb rendering of the dialogues. To my amazement I discovered that I didn't need the sub woofer as the bass was really full and high quality.

However then comes the surprise: continuous sound dropouts made watching content frustrating. I had to pause, wait 2-3 minutes, and then resume listening. This happens really often. I replaced 3 sonos arc and they all gave me the same problem.

Before sonos arc i had jbl bar 9.1 and lg soundbar 3.1.2, the audio quality is not comparable to sonos arc but they never gave me problems of sounds dropouts.

To my enormous regret I have decided to make the PERMANENT RETURN of the sonos arc+ 2 one sl system and never to buy SOnos again until they decide to recognize and fix this crap!

For now I would say: FAREWELL SONOS

P.S. my own problems are reported by numerous users on this forum and on reddit. Just search for: Sonos audio dropouts

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

What I find a little bit strange here, is that you joined this Sonos ‘user’ forum in September and have posted just this one post only and have never chosen to seek any help here from the other ‘experienced’ Sonos users, before opting to return your products, as there are plenty of things you might have tried to resolve your issue, which sounds rather like a TV CEC-focus issue and might have been resolved with some simple steps, perhaps🤔?

As it stands we may never know what the root-cause of your issue was… I personally suspect the TV CEC focus, perhaps hindered by one of the TV’s connected peripherals, or a simple device setting.

Oh well I’m sure your loss will likely become another persons gain, for anyone who may go onto purchase your returned goods, either used/refurbished.

I and other family members & friends, have either an Arc, Beam, or Ray, HT setup and I’ve not seen a single issue with any of those Sonos soundbars and you’re correct where you say their audio output is ahead of other soundbar products… that is absolutely true. Admittedly I would have changed my TV, or even used an ‘audio extractor’ to solve the issue, rather than return my own Sonos Arc/Surrounds.

Badge

I don't understand the reason why you stalk my membership date. maybe that's pathological of you.

anyway I didn't have time to post my bad sonos experience, but now that I have time I did. Will I be free to post my point of view or not, mr president?

I don't understand the reason why you stalk my membership date. maybe that's pathological of you.

It was just to see if you had the time/opportunity to pop along here to the user community and seek some help - obviously 4+ months was not enough time for you to fit that into your busy schedule - my pathological side is telling me that’s around about 2,920 hours in total (give or take).

anyway I didn't have time to post my bad sonos experience, but now that I have time I did. Will I be free to post my point of view or not, mr president?

… yes of course you’re free to post your POV, but now you have the time, you can perhaps describe the steps taken to troubleshoot the matter. If nothing else, it may assist others, that’s if you’re willing to share the things you tried?

Hi i have brand new sonus arc system and also bought TCL P637 TV il loosing line in connection as seen on the picture, and turn off/on CEC switch just to have the sound back, Im connected to the earc port and sometimes i head loud cracking on my ARC speaker. Im worried it may damage my ARC speakers/amplifier. 

Hi i have brand new sonus arc system and also bought TCL P637 TV il loosing line in connection as seen on the picture, and turn off/on CEC switch just to have the sound back, Im connected to the earc port and sometimes i head loud cracking on my ARC speaker. Im worried it may damage my ARC speakers/amplifier. 

It sounds to me like an unstable eARC connection with something attempting to steal CEC focus - if you have CEC enabled on ‘other’ devices connected to the TV HDMI ports (eg. Cable TV, Apple TV, PlayStation etc.) then switch off CEC on those devices. After you have changed their settings, power off everything, TV, Arc and the other connected devices for a few minutes and then bring them back online and see if that resolves the issue.

Some peripherals may not allow you to disable CEC, in which case another option is to insert a CEC-less adapter between the device and the TV. See this link:

https://www.amazon.com/Lindy-HDMI-Adapter-Female-41232/dp/B00DL48KVI

Experiencing sound dropouts and crackling on your Sonos Arc can be frustrating, but there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to address the issue:

1. Check the Wi-Fi Connection: Ensure that your Sonos Arc is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network. Weak or intermittent Wi-Fi signals can lead to audio issues. If possible, try moving the Arc closer to your Wi-Fi router or consider using a Wi-Fi extender to improve the signal strength.

2. Verify Network Interference: Check for any potential sources of interference near the Sonos Arc. Other wireless devices, such as cordless phones, baby monitors, or microwave ovens, can disrupt the Wi-Fi signal and cause audio interruptions. Try relocating these devices or the Arc to minimize interference.

3. Update Sonos System and Software: Make sure that your Sonos system and the Sonos Arc are running the latest firmware and software versions. Outdated software can sometimes lead to compatibility issues or bugs. Open the Sonos app, go to Settings, and check for available updates.

Again with the ‘bot’ response.

Badge

Problem SOlved: I asked sonos for a refund! Excellent customer service by SOnos but Arc is a NO BUY product, full of bugs. 

Problem SOlved: I asked sonos for a refund! Excellent customer service by SOnos but Arc is a NO BUY product, full of bugs. 

I don’t understand why you’re still here - you said you returned it 10 months ago and we said farewell to you back then… it’s like you just can’t keep away.