Hi all,

I’m at the end of technical expertise with these damn Subs!! My setup is:

2 x Amps

2 x Subs (Gen2)

1 x Move

1 x Boost

Connected to WIFI6 EAX80 Nighthawk via Hardwired ethernet to Boost

4 x Sonos in ceiling architectural speakers

The problem I’m having is maintaining a connected to either of the Subs. The Amps are setup in my garage about 30metre/300ft away from the sub and boost. Connected to 2 Samsung 2020 model TV’s via ARC HDMI. The Amps work fine with the TV and the Speaker. I cannot get a connect to either Subs. I’ve tried factory resetting so many times that I've probably worn out the connection button - They are found, connected then drop off (the little spanner and then the question mark next to the AMP.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way of hardwiring to each Sub to each AMP? Maybe via ethernet?

Diagnostic confirmation number: 833572544

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @OliverSpiers, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos community. We appreciate your detailed post describing your concern and for submitting the diagnostic. Let me help you with this.

Based on the diagnostic, an audio dropout was detected in your due to a sync error, an audio playback failure in your Sonos system, and a faulty ethernet on your Sonos Boost. Both of your Sub and Sonos Move losing connection from the Boost under SonosNet. Your Sonos speakers not only communicate with your network, but they also communicate with other speakers. Let me suggest the next troubleshooting and see if it works for you.

1. Check the ethernet cable on your Sonos Boost and observe your Sonos system if you will encounter the same issue.
    • Replace ethernet cable if damaged.
  2. Interference can cause a weak wireless connection. 
    • Move away from the devices from your Sonos speakers or turn them off. Check Sonos if there's an improvement with the performance.
    • Relocate the affected speaker(s) to determine if it is a wireless range issue.
  3. A sequential reboot means that we need to do this in order.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
    • Check the status lights on your Sonos speakers, they should have solid white light an indicator that your Sonos is connected.
  4. Change your router’s wireless channel. You may need to reach out to your internet service provider or local networking professionals for assistance.
    • Log in to the router’s configuration page by entering its IP address into a web browser or by loading the software that came with the router. 
    • Change the wireless channel for the 2.4GHz network. If the “Auto” channel is enabled, make sure to disable it and set a specific channel. We recommend using channels 1, 6, or 11.
    • Save the settings. Your router may restart while the settings are being saved.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and run another diagnostic report. Kindly include the confirmation number in your response for us to check. If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.