Skip to main content

sound drops on Arc

• 26 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone

i will just say that when my sonos system works its really awesome with dolby atmos etc

and i want to upgrade my surrounds to era 300.

but now to my problem

today i have a tv samsung yearmodel 2020 full name is QE55Q77TAT

my sonos system is

sonos arc

sonos sub Gen 3

and 2 surround is Ikea synfonisk surround

my problem is when i watch movies that every 1 hour and 38 min i got a sounddrop for about 1 second.

this is really anoying and i wounder if anyone else have this problem?

im in contact with sonos support here in Sweden thru mail, but im trying everything when ill wait for then to answer on mail.

i have connected all my speakers to a Lan cable and sonos net are going thru Channel 11 and my router channel 1 om Wi-Fi 2.4ghz

i really love the sound from my sonos system its f****** amazing, is just this problem for me thats annoying me.

i hope you understand my english, be nice om just a swedish guy 

have a nice day

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

@DragonFreeze 

As you are expiring this in tv mode with a constant interval, I think it’s not an issue with your Sonos devices network connection. If you are watching movies by streaming, I could imagine that there’s something happening on your internet connection or streaming service or ob your tv that gets video and audio back to sync. 
To be honest I never heard about a problem like this where a dropout occurs in such a regular interval. 

Well i have tested the the apps directly from samsung store and then its no sound drop everything is working fine then, but when i use my external streamingbox the problem comes its only when i watch movies, not series ”well they are not 1 hour 38 min long”

i can watch tv with my external box without any problem.

just figured that if a movie have DTS sound it work propely but if the movie has atmos or doby digital its seems the the sound drop every 1.38 hour :(

so i think its my samsung tv that have problem to decode the sound from my external box.

im having IP-TV so i want to use the box formuler z11 pro max

i have certified hdmi kabels 2.1

@DragonFreeze 

Indeed for me that looks like a software problem of your individual combination of hardware devices. Are several streaming services effected while watching a movie with atmos or dd5.1 audio?

Yeah seems like my problem is that atmos or dolby digital is the only sound choice then i have a problem 

the tv, formuler box yeah u name it everything is up to date

thats why i think its my samsung tv who is the problem just for sending the decoded sound and cant reach the whole way