Answered

Sonos Sub Gen3 update issue

• 8 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi All 

Sorry for long story but I need to explain it from beginning.

I recently purchased Beam and Sub gen 3 all brand new from shop. The first problem which I had was the Sub gen 3 I could not set it up and get it work. Once I managed to get it work I could not add it to beam for surround system included with mine another Sonos ones. I did not had any problem setup the Beam or sonos ones only the Sub was kicking all the time it can not be added. Well finally somehow I managed to add the Sun gen 3 but it appears in app like question mark but it did worked and somehow next day it fixed his self and I could see sub there in app. Well today 08.12.2020 we had app update and it did fail on mine Sub well I am very confused because when I went back to the app it says there is no update needed.

I never had any issues with any other sonos product like set it up or update it and I am bit worried if the sub is not faulty or at least the hardware in it. It looks like it works but no guarantee for how long and if this gonna happen every time when there is a update or I have to set it up again then this is nightmare really. 

Now I do not know if the Sub was updated or not and the question is what is the actual build version and hardware version please?

And is this normal behaviour of Sonos product? I mean the Sub gen 3?
Thank you all for help.

Best Regards

Juri.

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 12 December 2020, 20:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @JuriJuri.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

To better understand what’s going on, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the update issue.

You may see this support article that contains common solutions for update errors, try going through the suggested steps.

Let me know how that goes.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi  Annazel 

Thank you for your reply. At the moment I have it all linked but I just want to know following please:

The question is what is the actual build version and hardware version please?

I just want to make sure that the sub was properly updated like all another speakers which I got at home.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards.

Juraj Voros

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

29 dec 2020

I too have exactly the Same identical issue 

I had spend about an hr plus with Sonos tech support  a few days back , removing and reinstalling the app and devices , the sub 3MV still not up dated , the same above stated : 12.2.2 and building  version ( xxx 51) 

sonos tech support please let us know if there is a fix . 

Also when checking for update it states there is a new update , when I select to update it goes on a Continuous loop , goes to AppStore and ask me to down load the app even though I am on the new Sonos 2 app ( the gold colour one ) 

after it download each tome it goes into loops asking the same operations as stated above 

As the above client my case is exactly the same and the sub had the same issue getting connected , it took many tries and attempt with tech supprot and got connected woth any logical explanation 

thanks 

matthew 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there Matthew,

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help.

The Sonos app will always attempt to update itself before the rest of the Sonos system. If the app is failing to complete an update, the Sonos products will not attempt to update.

• Have you tried to uninstall the app from the controller and reinstall it from the device's app store or the Sonos website?
  • If you have multiple controllers, try to check for updates from a different controller.
  • To check some data from your system, please send in a diagnostic report through the Sonos app using the same controller you are attempting to update and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system to better understand what’s going on.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

29 dec 2020

I too have exactly the Same identical issue 

I had spend about an hr plus with Sonos tech support  a few days back , removing and reinstalling the app and devices , the sub 3MV still not up dated , the same above stated : 12.2.2 and building  version ( xxx 51) 

sonos tech support please let us know if there is a fix . 

Also when checking for update it states there is a new update , when I select to update it goes on a Continuous loop , goes to AppStore and ask me to down load the app even though I am on the new Sonos 2 app ( the gold colour one ) 

after it download each tome it goes into loops asking the same operations as stated above 

As the above client my case is exactly the same and the sub had the same issue getting connected , it took many tries and attempt with tech supprot and got connected woth any logical explanation 

thanks 

Matthew 

Hello Sono’s team,

Please note: Please correct, my name is Matthew not Bobmatt as addressed. Please correct

to answer you yes I did call Sonos Tech and went Through all The exercises you mentioned, even provided the diagnostic….etc..

In the end, I was told by Sono Tech support this is due to a software bug cause and will be fixed by the next Sono Sub Gen 3 update. 

Please advice.  

Kind Regards

Matthew