Answered

sonos sub and surround not connecting

• 28 December 2022
  • 4 replies

I have a Beam, Sun and 2 One SL. In a HT set up. The sound plays in the Beam but the sun and Surrounds don’t play any sound. 

I reset both surrounds and the sub using the method provided on Sonos support page. The units reset and I can go through the process to reconnect them and it shows in the app where they are connected to my system but will not play any audio. Then after a few moments the go in a not connected state and I go through the steps listed in the app to reconnect the. (Turn off products, reset router,…etc) but still no luck. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 January 2023, 12:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Oynot 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Your system is not currently configured as a Home Theatre setup. Is this the problem that you’re having - that you are unable to bond the Sub and Surrounds to the Beam, or that you just don’t get audio from the Sub and Surrounds? If it is the latter, you just need to configure the surrounds and Sub to work with the Beam, instead of independently:

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System.
  3. Under Products, tap the Sonos home theatre room.
  4. Tap Set up Surrounds.
  5. Follow the in-app instructions to add your speakers as surrounds.

For the Sub, the process is similar:

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System.
  3. Under Products, tap the Sonos home theatre room.
  4. Tap Connect Sub.
  5. Follow the in-app instructions to add your Sub to your Home Theatre setup.

If, however, it is these very steps that you are having trouble with, please ensure the following:

• That WiFi is not disabled on the Beam (Settings » System » [room of Beam] » Beam » Enable WiFi)
  • That the Beam is not within 1m of other WiFi devices (except those needed for TV, like a TV or set-top-box). It is very important that the Beam is not within 1m of a router or WiFi Access Point.
  • That you have tried rebooting the Beam
  • That you have tried rebooting the router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds.

I hope this helps.

What exactly are ‘surrounds’?  Are they speakers other than The Sub that you want to work in unison with The Beam or The Arc in a Home Theater set up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Surrounds are the speakers at the rear of the room that play the channels of a surround source (5.1 Atmos and others) that are directed to them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Byron Roye 

Here‘s the support article for this…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-surround-speakers-to-a-sonos-home-theater