Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Ray and iPad

• 3 October 2023
  • 6 replies

My Sonos Ray has lost contact with the Sonos app. I have tried every obvious means of re-establishing contact. My efforts to reset the system have also failed. I’m using an iPad updated to IOS 17.01 Can anyone suggest what’s wrong and how to put it right.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Describe your network. Do you have a mesh WiFi?

I have a router connected to the network by cable. I also have one Amplifi meshpoint to boost the signal strength, hopefully, in one room. This set up has functioned without problems until a couple of days ago. I control everything with an iPad updated to IOS 17.01

The Sonos Ray can no longer find the network it’s been using since I bought it 6 months ago. I’m reluctant to tamper with the router settings in case I make the problem more complicated.

Does the Ray work if you temporarily wire it to the network?

I haven’t tried wiring into the network with an ethernet connection. I’d need to buy an ethernet cable. It wouldn’t be practical to have a permanent ethernet connection because the router and Sonos Ray have to remain where they situated right now. I depend on WiFi. It’s been reliable and everything else - including streaming devices work well on it.

If the wireless on the Ray happened to have failed, temporarily wiring it would at least allow the submission of a system diagnostic. Sonos Support could then assess the situation. 

okay. Thanks for you advice - which I’ll follow through.