Answered

Sonos Playbar will not factory reset

• 5 December 2022
  • 5 replies

I’ve tried several time to reset our Playbar and the white light just comes on solid every time.  I’ve tried plugging it in with the pause button held, pause and volume up and no reset.  We could not see it in the S2 app, yet our other controllers work fine.  I tried removing the ethernet cable, then removing the optical connection, yet nothing seems to allow a factory reset to be performed.  Does this mean the Playbar is bad?

icon

Best answer by usmcfam 6 December 2022, 04:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

When you press and hold down the Play/Pause button, how long are you holding it down for? You need to press and hold it until the light flashes orange and white.

Factory Reset rarely cures fundamental issues..

Since only one controller is having an issue with PLAYBAR, this seems like a controller issue, not a PLAYBAR issue. Which controllers are you using? I expect that force closing and restarting the problem controller will cure the issue with that controller.

Badge +20

​​​​​ I’ve tried plugging it in with the pause button held, pause and volume up and no reset. 

Too many buttons 

I held the button down for a count of 30 at times and still nothing.  i took the unit off the wall and noticed that all the lights on the ethernet ports come on immediately solid even though there is nothing plugged into them. 

I called tech support and they confirmed the playbar is bad.