Answered

Sonos Beam won't connect to TV

• 11 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a sonos beam connected to our Samsung tv. It was working fine but disconnected somehow. Now I can’t get it to connect to the tv anymore. I can play music through WiFi but it won’t recognize the tv anymore. I’ve tried unplugging and restarting and redoing the setup process through S2 app. 

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 11 January 2021, 22:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Swidman,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos community. We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern and I’d be happy to help you out.

I'd like to ask questions to isolate the issue.

• When you select TV under Browse on the Sonos app, do you automatically get the audio on your Sonos Beam?
  • Is TV Autoplay enabled on the Sonos app?
    • Settings > System > [Home Theater Room] > TV Autoplay.
  • Check TV settings if TV speakers are off.
  • What is the make and model of your TV?

Please submit a diagnostic report of your Sonos system for us to check why you’re not getting audio from your four speakers. Just include the confirmation number in your response. If you have any questions about this, please let us know. We’ll wait for your reply. 

I have a Samsung UN55KS8000F

yes auto play is selected

In sonos app it shows it connected to TV but will not play sound

tv is selected to sonos as sound output and not the tv

Diagnostic number is: 356074418

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Swidman, thanks for your quick response and for submitting the diagnostic.

Based on the report, there's an audio dropout in your due to sync errors detected in your Sonos system and your Samsung TV is not sending a signal to your Sonos Beam.

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting and see if it works for you.

1. Reboot your Sonos Beam and Samsung TV
    • Unplug the HDMI cable from the Sonos Beam and the Samsung TV. 
    • Unplug the power cable from your TV, the Sonos Beam, and any connected audio source (such as a cable box or video game console). 
    • Wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in.
    • Reconnect the HDMI cable directly to your Samsung TV and the Sonos Beam.
    • Inspect the HDMI cable to ensure it's not bent or kinked and check to see that it's fully inserted into both devices.
  2. Check for your Samsung TV software update (if available)
  3. HDMI-CEC should be enabled on your Samsung TV
    • Home> Settings> System> Expert settings> Anynet + (HDMI-CEC)
    • If you run into an issue enabling HDMI-CEC, please check your TV manual
  4. User another HDMI cable to test (if available).
  5. Reboot your all network devices (modem, router, access points, WiFi extenders, i.e.)

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and run another diagnostic report. We'll wait for your reply.