Skip to main content

As if the app update disaster was not enough, the Sonos Beam I have been using since 2020 has just bricked.  I spent six hours today trying to get it to work.  Phone support is 70 minutes of wait time, so I got in a queue for Sonos support chat in the UK (I live in Canada where there are “no representatives available”).  Finally got someone, we spent over two hours trying the whole song & dance including sequential re-boot ( I have 11 Sonos products).   Nothing worked.  His closing suggestion was to call voice support…..Anyone experiencing this?  Oh, and btw - for those last four years, the Sonos Beam worked with an non ARC HDMI connection from the 24” TV in my kitchen….now if I managed to get the Beam to connect to my network, if I connect the TV it’s kicked out.  None of this makes sense.  How can a device that never had an optical in, require an optical connection if your don’t have ARC? 

This is not my first hardware nightmare with Sonos but this is by far the worst.  I can’t believe people are buying the headphones…..do they have any idea what’s in store for them?  I think about my wife who has trouble using her iPad…..if you are not computer literate you are LOST.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I’ve done about 20 factory resets?  I’ve used ethernet to connect it to my network, we tried setting up sonosnet, I’ve restarted my router about a dozen times, at one point it blamed my for being connected to Airplay (????? I don’t use airplay).  Any ideas are welcome because it is clear SONOS DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE.