Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Beam vocals and high pitches distorted

• 14 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Been looking at different threads but did not see any difinitve answers. I am using audio optical out since I have an older TV. I have tried with Trueplay on and off, different EQ settings and I have tried a factory reset already. I sent a diagnostic while it was occuring, confirmation number: 1226177640.

If there is a thread that has a solution to this problem please let me know.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Kdg2198

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thanks for reaching out to us about your concern and letting us know what you have done so far to check what's going on with your Sonos Beam. Looking at the diagnostic, I don't see any issues that might be causing this with your Sonos Beam. Let me suggest the next troubleshooting and see if it works for you.

1. Reboot your TV and Sonos Beam
    • Unplug the optical cable from the Sonos Beam and the TV. 
    • Unplug the power cable from your TV, the Sonos Beam, and any connected audio source (such as a cable box or video game console).
    • Wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in.
    • Reconnect the optical cable directly to your TV and the Sonos Beam. Inspect the HDMI cable to ensure it’s not bent or kinked and check to see that it’s fully inserted into both devices.
    • Test TV/Audio playback
  2. Update the TV’s software (if available)
  3. Change the TV audio format (PCM, Stereo, Bitstream)
  4. Reboot your all network devices (modem, router, access points, WiFi extenders, i.e.)

If the vocals and high pitches distorted on your Sonos Beam still present, I recommend contacting our phone support team to further look into this or possible product replacement. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.