Answered

Sonos Beam unable to connect to WiFi

• 6 January 2021
  • 2 replies

During the initial setup of Sonos Beam I am getting error: "Your Beam has been added but may not appear in the System tab … ” After checking the admin panel of WiFi router, I can see that the Beam has never connected to router - it is not listed in DHCP nor in connected devices. I have tried restarting router and Sonos, resetting to factory settings, Reset App etc. Nothing helps. However I was able to setup the Beam succesfully with my friends router. It appears that Sonos does not like my router. It is Huawei HG8245H. Support diagnostic: 1238854072. Any other device (laptops, smartphones, TV, XBOX) connects to the router without any issues.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 6 January 2021, 22:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Did you confirm you have 2.4 GHZ and B/G modes enabled on the router?

If it offers “client isolation” or the like on WiFi, is that turned off?

Yes, I have 2.4 GHZ and B/G modes enabled, see below. I also tried to change the number of channel (it was 13 before)

Actually I can see the Sonos device (by MAC address) physically connected under "STA Information” tab in console, but I don't see it under DHCP nor User Devices (shows list of all devices with IP and MAC addresses) tabs so I don’t know if Sonos has gotten the IP address at all.

I didn’t find any security settings enabled on router. I don’t think it has "client isolation” at all