Question

Sonos Beam not sounding in both sides.

• 7 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Ok so I just purchased the beam. Very happy with sq considering size and price. But I do have a problem. 

When listening to music for example you will hear the center and left side of the speaker. The right is simply non existent. 

Could this have to do with my asymeyric living room? Where the beam is at, on its left around 12 inch space there is a wall, but on the right side (non existent side) there is open space. 

Be aware I didn't true play the system yet. Waiting for lock down to end and bring a friend with iPhone. 

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @yuvalfrr.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Since the right side of the beam is kinda off, I suggest kindly submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number maybe there something in the system that we can find.

How about playing the TV or movie any issue you probably encounter?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge +3

Hi @yuvalfrr.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Since the right side of the beam is kinda off, I suggest kindly submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number maybe there something in the system that we can find.

How about playing the TV or movie any issue you probably encounter?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thank you mark. I just thought of something simple... I moved the desk as far right as I can to give more distance between left side and wall and the sound is much much better... Even left side sounds amazing now! Do I need to settle with this issue since I need to keep the beam left side close to that wall? Any chance true play would fix this? It's a shame because dustancing the beam left side from the wall just 15nches and the music suddenly is incredible... I'm lost

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Mark P.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Yes, you can also add true play since it optimizes the Sound Quality or Sound Reproduction Parameters of our speakers in response to their specific environment, setup & local conditions & playback situation it will calibrate the room where it at.