Answered

Sonos BEAM gen 2 und Samsung TV S95B

• 2 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello
happy new year to everyone
I have such a problem. I am the owner of the Samsung S95B TV for several days. I also have a Sonos Beam gen 2. I wanted to connect via hdmi earc but I failed. At the very beginning the TV screamed that sonos beam is not connected to the hdmi earc plug but it was. in the meantime, the sonos application informed about the system update. currently there is version 14.20.1 and after updating Sonos Beam does not see that it is connected to the hdmi earc plug. where is the problem. help

icon

Best answer by Corry P 3 January 2023, 12:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @storch74 

Thanks for your post!

It sounds like you might have either a bad physical connection on the HDMI cable, or a HDMI-CEC conflict with another device.

Please try reseating both ends of the HDMI cable - swapping the ends round may improve things too.

If that hasn’t helped, please try setting up the TV and Beam to work with each other with all other HDMI devices temporarily disconnected from the TV. Reconnect them afterwards.

Note that if there is a CEC conflict, you may need to disable CEC features on a HDMI device, or fit a CEC-less adaptor between the problem device and the TV, to resolve it permanently.

I hope this helps.