Answered

Sonos Beam Gen 2 Arc Mode not connected error on Sonos App and LG TV

• 4 March 2024
  • 7 replies

I have been trying to set up my Sonos Beam Gen 2 with my LG TV all day.  I can get sound from the Beam 2 but I cannot go through the Sonos App TV Setup.  Everytime I get to the test connnection, it gives me the error of Arc Mode not Connected.  However, every setting in my TV is set correctly. I have used multiple HDMI Cables, and had LG  remote into my TV to make sure I had it correct. I have reset the Sonos Beam to factory settings as well, but that didnt help either

Sonos customer service couldnt help me earlier.  I spent about an hour in live chat with them…..any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 6 March 2024, 10:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @scot price 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Getting your devices working with each other can be frustrating, but we should be able to get things going for you.

Please ensure that HDMI-CEC is turned on - LG call this “Simplink”, and if it is not enabled, you will not be able to use your Beam with your TV.

If this feature is already turned on, there may be a CEC conflict with another HDMI-connected device. Please disconnect all other HDMI devices from your TV to ensure that there is no conflict during TV Setup. You can try reconnecting them once TV Setup has completed.

Please also try rebooting the TV by unplugging it from power for at least 1 minute.

Please desist from further factory resets - if it didn’t help the first time, it won’t help ever.

I hope this helps.

Cory,

Thank you for taking time to reply, however, I have already tried everything you mentioned.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @scot price 

Please try the following, in order:

1. Unplug both your TV and Beam from power.
  2. Disconnect all HDMI devices from the TV, including the Beam.
  3. When the TV has been off for a full minute, power on the Beam. Wait for the flashing white light to stop flashing.
  4. Plug the TV back into power, but don’t yet turn it on.
  5. Open the Sonos app and go to Settings » System » [room with Beam] » TV Setup and follow the on-screen instructions. Use the supplied HDMI cable.

If this does not get your audio working, you will soon be hearing back from an L2 technician due to your CEO email - please wait for their reply as they will be in a better position to assist you from this point.

I hope this helps.

Cory,

Again, thanks for the response.  I just did this order of events again and still the same thing….Sonos App says ARC Mode not connected.  However, when I press the test connection button in the Sonos App TV Setup, the sound mode on my TV changes from HDMI ARC out to TV Speakers….then the Sonos App says ARC Mode not connected

I do not have any more free time to devote to this today.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @scot price 

Well, it’s clear the Beam and TV are communicating, even if it’s not as much as the Beam would like. If you have a second TV that you can test with, it would probably be worth comparing at this point (when you have time, that is) - although unlikely, it’s not impossible that something (the Beam or the TV) has a fault, and the easiest way of determining which it might be is to swap one.

I hope this helps.

I was able to try the Sonos Beam Gen 2 on another TV in my house (the same exact model as the one Im trying to get to work as well)….it has the same exact issue.  Sonos App TV Setup says ARC Mode not connected.

Can we try to fix tomorrow

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @scot price 

I recommend just giving this news to the agent who next gets in touch with you regarding the email you sent to our CEO - that the Beam won’t communicate with another TV is fairly indicative of a fault with the Beam (though there may be more tests they want to do to confirm - the speaker logs will tell the full story, I suspect).

I hope this helps.