Answered

sonos arc wired - is there something I need to do?

• 6 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Recently got an arc + sub gen 3 + two sonos one sl.

When I connect my ethernet cable to the sonos and my ethernet switch (not the router). The ethernet cable is blinking orange.

I could not complete my setup as wired so I did wireless. 

Decided to try again today and reading reddit and the sonos community it sounds like I just need to hook up the ethernet cables and sonos would handle everything else.

Sonos arc still shows as WM1 while everything else shows WM2. Tried rebooting the arc while wired is plugged in but then the sonos app doesn’t detect the arc as connected anymore and puts all the other devices as WM1 instead of WM2.

What am I doing wrong or is my sonos arc faulty? I tried different ethernet wires, existing ethernet wires that are connected to my other devices but no matter what the cable is always blinking orange. 

Is there a network router setting I have to disable or enable that’s blocking the sonos arc? 

I guess I could remain as wireless but it’s a bummer I can’t get wired to work on the sonos arc.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 6 November 2022, 23:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The light on the on your switch may be the low speed link indicator and not be a problem. You’d need to check the switch’s manual to be sure.

Plug in the Ethernet cable again and then submit a diagnostic, contact Sonos with the ID number and they can look at your internal data.

I agree with @Stanley_4 - the switch LED is likely indicating a 10/100 connection which is correct.

After connecting the Arc (only) to the switch, try powering off/on the Arc and surrounds and see if they then show in the ‘About My System’ device list as WM:0